JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Looking to sell my Remington 700 in .243. One piece synthetic stock. I've taken it out hunting twice, but never fired it. Comes with two swivel studs and sling attached. Also a box of .243 Whitetail ammo comes with it. I can take more pictures if desired. Had a dealer tell me that they usually ask about $450 without the studs or sling. Looking for around $400.

Thanks

IMG_3549.JPG

Do you have a pic of the muzzle?

This made me laugh, and here's why. At 5'8" tall, I couldn't stretch the picture to get the whole gun into frame. I must've taken the picture 10 times because I was holding the camera above my head to take it. I'll try to grab a couple tonight from different angles to put up.

Overall, it just looks like your standard 700 muzzle with ramp/ironsight. Any partiuclar angle you want to see?

You took it out hunting,.... not once but twice? And still you never have shot the gun????
How did you sight the gun in for hunting?
Why would anyone take a gun hunting that they have never fired?

You took it out hunting,.... not once but twice? And still you never have shot the gun????
How did you sight the gun in for hunting?
Why would anyone take a gun hunting that they have never fired?

It was a gift from my father. We basically would just head out the back door in the hills above NW Corvallis after work and walk around looking to shoot a deer ("hunting" for me was just walking around on 16 acres with dad and a gun). Never sighted in or took it to a range.

2 reasons: I don't like the action in a Remy ADL vs the BDL. Perhaps it's in my head, and someone told me the ADL & BDL actions were the same, but I hate that pancake bolt knob.
Also, I really don't like the stock on an ADL.
Planning on getting it as a present for my daughter. She really kicks butt with my Savage 10-FCP in 308 and wants to stay with that caliber.

Gotcha. I guess I always saw .243 as a good starter hunting round, or an early accuracy practice trainer. At this point I'll likely keep it and put it into a chassis (McRees maybe). Could be a fun plinker.

Thanks for the follow up!

Gotcha. I guess I always saw .243 as a good starter hunting round, or an early accuracy practice trainer. At this point I'll likely keep it and put it into a chassis (McRees maybe). Could be a fun plinker.

Thanks for the follow up!
Or take a look at MDT Tactical chassis LSS system. I just received one in for a Savage custom build. Light, solid - and less expensive tan the McRees (who doesn't make a savage long action). I added a folding attachment and LuthAR buttstock. If you keep checking, you can find them on clearance for $100 off the price. On black friday they had them for $299.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.