JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought primers at Cabelas in Lacey, Wa this week. They allowed 1k of each available product per customer. I was able to get 2k total and my wife the same. I also was able to buy 3# of powder on the same run. Good stop for me that day. The restricted allotment is what I consider fair. I was able to get both Remington 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 on Tuesday and none left today (Thus) going back thru Lacey. (I share my finds with my reloading partners)
I read the notice on the package about 6 1/2 in .223 loads. Here again, the clerk said that both work fine in the .223. The Calhoun article specs indicate that the same specs apply for the 400 primer. I haven't had any failures in .223 and AR loads with the 400 since I started. I read some other threads on this note on the box and some interesting opinions are out there. Some reloading manuals call for 6 1/2, some for 7 1/2. Some indicate that the 6 1/2 can be used in some handgun loads. The Calhoun article indicates max loads and I don't do that. Other input in threads when you Google "Remington 6 1/2 primers" show blowouts in bolt faces etc..
I am interested in what you guys have to say.
Trade em' or use em'.... what say ye?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads