JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$790
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Keizer
State
Oregon
Zip Code
This is a Remington 1903. Barrel date is 12-42. Throat erosion is less than 1 and muzzle wear is at 0, so the barrel is like new. This rifle shoots great, but has some difficulty feeding rounds from the magazine and I am not sure how to correct the problem. When I bought this rifle I was told it was one of the transition pieces between the 1903 and the 03A3. It does have the 03A3 style upper sling swivel and I believe a replacement scant stock. Buyer pays transfer fees. Asking $790.

**Edit** Rifle no longer has feeding problems. I was able to fix the feeding problem.

DSCN0133.JPG DSCN0134.JPG DSCN0135.JPG DSCN0136.JPG DSCN0137.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Can you describe the feeding problems in some more detail? It's a pretty rifle.
The rounds kind of bind up on the feed rails and you really have to push on the bolt to get the cartridges up to the chamber. Maybe the feed rails need some polishing? I have read about other 1903's with the same problem. For single loading there is no problem, just when two or more rounds in the magazine.

The rounds kind of bind up on the feed rails and you really have to push on the bolt to get the cartridges up to the chamber. Maybe the feed rails need some polishing? I have read about other 1903's with the same problem. For single loading there is no problem, just when two or more rounds in the magazine.
The feed ramp is too steep. I got the same problem with my Turkish Mauser and it causes the top bullets to wiggle when dry cycled too much. A polish won't be enough you probably have to file some metal off.

I was able to fix the feeding problem. This rifle now feeds good from the magazine. I also have a new - old stock Remington bolt on order that should be here next week. I determined the problem was too much gap between the bottom of the receiver and the top of the magazine. This gap is where the follower would wedge and the last round would stick. I was able to sand a very small amount of wood from the bottom of the stock to decrease the gap when assembled. The gap is supposed to be approximately 1/32 of an inch. The gap is now around 1/32 and the follower can no longer jam into the gap. You have to work the bolt smartly to chamber a round and eject the empty's. Thanks @Seankelly455 for the link to the discussion on the CMP forum.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top