JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
UPDATE: $700.00 OBO. Looking to get cash at this point, unless it's a killer trade.

Recently got this through trade. Not really my style but I was really facinated by it so I went ahead with the trade anyways. Looked up the history and judging by the rifle and the serial number it was manufactured in June of 1942 about 6 months after pearl harbor. I believe this makes it not a 1903, not a 1903 A3, but a 1903 Modified. The rifling is in surprisingly great shape despite it having what I think is the original barrel.

I bought some stripper clips and a buttstock oiler kit to go with it.

Looking to sell or trade. Cash is king but if you have something I really want I may throw cash in on my side. Thanks for looking.

20180128_201255.jpg 20180128_201239.jpg 20180128_201219.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently got this through trade. Not really my style but I was really facinated by it so I went ahead with the trade anyways. Looked up the history and judging by the rifle and the serial number it was manufactured in June of 1942 about 6 months after pearl harbor. I believe this makes it not a 1903, not a 1903 A3, but a 1903 Modified. The rifling is in surprisingly great shape despite it having what I think is the original barrel.

I bought some stripper clips and a buttstock oiler kit to go with it.

Looking to sell or trade. Cash is king but if you have something I really want I may throw cash in on my side. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 425768 View attachment 425769 View attachment 425770 View attachment 425771 View attachment 425772
Beautiful.

Do you have a price on this? Things you want to trade?

No price yet, still trying to assess value. As far as trades ther is a lot I like so I'm not sure.
Ok so technically all WTS ads need a price.

You might want to check there's one for sale on the board just now. Another 42 Don't know manufacturer. You might get an idea there.

As for trade throwing a couple ideas out helps people. If you're looking at black rifles for instance over hunting rifles or handguns

Could be reasonable, it would just depend on the originality of the gun. I would venture the stock is a replacement, given both its style (scant) and the fact that it's cut for the 03a3 handguard ring. I would venture a guess that it has an arsenal stamp somewhere on the buttstock. I would need the markings and a few other distinguishing features to determine the rest. I think the barrel is likely original, given the manufacturer and the date.

I will say the trigger guard is not original. Remington did use stamped trigger guard assemblies on late production 1903's (before transitioning to the 03a3), but they were of the small bow variety. Yours has a large bow.

$1100 might be a touch on the high end of the stock is a replacement and non original bottom metal. That being said, a Remington 1903 is not as common as a Springfield, so there is a bit of a premium. Good luck, beautiful rifle. Probably a great shooter!

Last Edited:
Like I said. Open to offers.

Could be reasonable, it would just depend on the originality of the gun. I would venture the stock is a replacement, given both its style (scant) and the fact that it's cut for the 03a3 handguard ring. I would venture a guess that it has an arsenal stamp somewhere on the buttstock. I would need the markings and a few other distinguishing features to determine the rest. I think the barrel is likely original, given the manufacturer and the date.

I will say the trigger guard is not original. Remington did use stamped trigger guard assemblies on late production 1903's (before transitioning to the 03a3), but they were of the small bow variety. Yours has a large bow.

$1100 might be a touch on the high end of the stock is a replacement and non original bottom metal. That being said, a Remington 1903 is not as common as a Springfield, so there is a bit of a premium. Good luck, beautiful rifle. Probably a great shooter!

Like I said. Open to offers.

Not trying to poo-poo your asking price, but since you said you were attempting to ascertain value, I was simply offering my opinion. Like I said, it's a beautiful shooter grade 1903.

Hope it finds a loving home, wish I had funds or tradebait to take it home. Don't have a Remington 1903 yet, just 03a3's, Springfield 1903's, Rock Island 1903's, and a Smith Corona 03a3...

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.