JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was given a Remington 1100 magnum as a gift from a friend. It is in very good shape. He said that it does have a problem cycling shells. You shoot the first shell and the second does not load? I have not fired the gun due to lack of time. Anyone have any ideas? I would like to get it fixed so I can sell it. I have to many shotguns already. Thanks Jason

Try shotgunworld.com there's a lot of knowledgable people there. Let us know what you find out, I've always liked that model but never had a chance to try it out.

The 1100 loading shelf "carrier" is fired from the impact of the shell leaving the mag tube and can be very finicky if any of the involved components are out of time.

Q. Does the shell come out of the mag and sit on the loading ramp without going into battery or does the shell stay in the mag tube?

The 1100 loading shelf "carrier" is fired from the impact of the shell leaving the mag tube and can be very finicky if any of the involved components are out of time.

Q. Does the shell come out of the mag and sit on the loading ramp without going into battery or does the shell stay in the mag tube?

Im pretty sure it sits on loading ramp

Q. Have you taken the trigger assembly apart? If someone has tried shortening springs or the carrier wings are bent you are in for a long ride. My 1100 was so out of whack (someone installed a Dave's Metalwork speed gate incorrectly) that I ended up replacing the whole assembly and keeping the old one for spare parts.

Q. Does it not feed on any shell out of the tube? Meaning does the problem start mid-tube when the mag spring is no longer under full pressure? An extra power spring might be in order.

Q. Does it feed any type shells? Lighter #7 shells an issue but 00 buck is not?

Q. Do you have another 1100 you can swap parts with to eliminate stuff with?

Is $90.00 worth it to you to make it work? I dropped this unit ( Remington Trigger Plate Assembly Remington 1100 12 Gauge, 12 Gauge Magnum Aluminum Black - MidwayUSA ) into mine and never had another issue. If the gun is LNIB and you know nobody has been tweaking on it, then you might want to hold off on that since you are selling it anyway.

Do you want to sell it to me cheap? :)

The o-ring set-up (and slider rings) on the mag tube under the forearm are easily installed incorrectly, despite Remington putting a picture sticker on there to show proper order. If they are correct, then look at the o-ring itself. A worn one will result in feed problems. Much cheaper than a trigger plate.

Also, if it is a Magnum, try nothing but magnum shells.

PM me with an offer
Q. Have you taken the trigger assembly apart? If someone has tried shortening springs or the carrier wings are bent you are in for a long ride. My 1100 was so out of whack (someone installed a Dave's Metalwork speed gate incorrectly) that I ended up replacing the whole assembly and keeping the old one for spare parts.

Q. Does it not feed on any shell out of the tube? Meaning does the problem start mid-tube when the mag spring is no longer under full pressure? An extra power spring might be in order.

Q. Does it feed any type shells? Lighter #7 shells an issue but 00 buck is not?

Q. Do you have another 1100 you can swap parts with to eliminate stuff with?

Is $90.00 worth it to you to make it work? I dropped this unit ( Remington Trigger Plate Assembly Remington 1100 12 Gauge, 12 Gauge Magnum Aluminum Black - MidwayUSA ) into mine and never had another issue. If the gun is LNIB and you know nobody has been tweaking on it, then you might want to hold off on that since you are selling it anyway.

Do you want to sell it to me cheap? :)

It stays open after you have the magazine loaded up then cock it back to chamber a round right? If that's the case you need to cock the 1100 back, the chamber will stay open, then you put the shell in the chamber close it, then load the magazine. If you do it that way you will never have a problem.

My guess would be the slider ring and o-ring set up, but it could be that since it is a magnum someone switched out a non magnum barrel which would have a different sized gas vent opening on the under side and could cause your problem. Sometimes those magnums are real particular in that they don't like non magnum ammo as well.

The o-ring set-up (and slider rings) on the mag tube under the forearm are easily installed incorrectly, despite Remington putting a picture sticker on there to show proper order. If they are correct, then look at the o-ring itself. A worn one will result in feed problems. Much cheaper than a trigger plate.

Also, if it is a Magnum, try nothing but magnum shells.

I'm pretty sure this is the problem. also if the rings are old you may want to replace them. This often fixes the problem. also if it is supposed to shoot non magnums it will work fine also

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top