JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Man's death ruled homicide from pellet-gun wound | HeraldNet.com - Local news

A man found slain near Lynnwood on Sunday died from a pellet fired by a powerful air rifle into his chest, according to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office.

I'm curious about what kind of pellet rifle she used. I know it's possible to kill someone with a pellet gun, but it's pretty rare:

State Department of Health data show only one reported death from a pellet gun in Washington between 2007 and 2011, department spokesman Donn Moyer said Tuesday.

Of course, there's this mitigating factor on whether the pellet gun was responsible:

Investigators believe Urness may also have been struck in the head with a baseball bat sometime before his death, lawyers said in court Monday.

I use a Remington 1200 in .17 and can tell you it is as accurate and deadly as I need it to be. Even with the cheap center point scope it came with I've won bets hitting dimes at 25 yards.
It cleanly passes through 1/2 inch pine boards at that range. I kill Starlings, crows and rabbits at surprising distances and would bet it do the job on far larger game. We took it on a sage rat hunt awhile back:) it did the job admirably, and with the abundance of pellets vs. .22 ammunition these days it was a no lose deal. I know this is a lower end single pump unit, but at $129 it fits the bill nicely.

If you want to keep up your skills and not loose "The feel", these are accurate and inexpensive. Crosman M4-177 Factory refurbished $45.00 @ Sportsman's Guide I had fun hanging my spare AR extras on it, flashlight, laser, etc. Stock is a little short, added a 1" spacer. I only use 5 pumps and shoot at one of those, "Swinging Target Gallery's". Will shoot 1/2" groups at 45 ft.

sM4-177-4_zps50dd465d.jpg

Dude wanna have a bb gun war... I remember hiding in a tree way back when, I got down because I hadn't seen anyone I got shot in the thigh, ooh man. Now days you can't even shoot them in city limits. Who would want to.

Gunfreak,

No thanks Dude. Been there, done that.Survived the "Stupid Age".;)

The old Red Ryder was fun, but even it would kill. As I was growing
up, many a dove found power lines and low trees around our house
were not a safe place to be.:s0131:

Jack...:cool:

I took a modified CR-X #2125 all scoped out, along with my scuba tank to Fossil Or to go digger squirrel hunting with a few friends a couple years back, I also packed my 10/22 just in case everybody starting laughing too much at me. Bottom line, yes they laughed at first, but about 30 min into our excursion, they were standing in line to sit down at my shooting bench. I will say this, my 10/22 never left its scabbard all weekend, and more diggers were dispatched that weekend by my little air rifle than by any of the Ruger's in the bunch. At 50 yards thereabouts, it is a most effective small game gun. Johnny

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top