Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remember Kids: These Aren't Toys

Discussion in 'Air Rifle & Pistol Discussion' started by Sun195, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Man's death ruled homicide from pellet-gun wound | HeraldNet.com - Local news

I'm curious about what kind of pellet rifle she used. I know it's possible to kill someone with a pellet gun, but it's pretty rare:

Of course, there's this mitigating factor on whether the pellet gun was responsible:

2. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

3. chainsaw

chainsaw East side of Or. Active Member

I watched a little bit of a hunting show the other night,the hunter was shooting a 50 caliber air rifle.Dropping wild pigs in thier tracks,one shot just like a high powered rifle.

4. Rotty

Rotty Skagit County Active Member

Might just have to buy one of those. As a kid I used to go squirrel and rabbit hunting with a Daisy Pump air rifle. Worked like a charm.

5. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

I use a Remington 1200 in .17 and can tell you it is as accurate and deadly as I need it to be. Even with the cheap center point scope it came with I've won bets hitting dimes at 25 yards.
    It cleanly passes through 1/2 inch pine boards at that range. I kill Starlings, crows and rabbits at surprising distances and would bet it do the job on far larger game. We took it on a sage rat hunt awhile back:) it did the job admirably, and with the abundance of pellets vs. .22 ammunition these days it was a no lose deal. I know this is a lower end single pump unit, but at $129 it fits the bill nicely.

6. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you want to keep up your skills and not loose "The feel", these are accurate and inexpensive. Crosman M4-177 Factory refurbished $45.00 @ Sportsman's Guide I had fun hanging my spare AR extras on it, flashlight, laser, etc. Stock is a little short, added a 1" spacer. I only use 5 pumps and shoot at one of those, "Swinging Target Gallery's". Will shoot 1/2" groups at 45 ft.

sM4-177-4_zps50dd465d.jpg

7. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

Dude wanna have a bb gun war... I remember hiding in a tree way back when, I got down because I hadn't seen anyone I got shot in the thigh, ooh man. Now days you can't even shoot them in city limits. Who would want to.

8. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Gunfreak,

No thanks Dude. Been there, done that.Survived the "Stupid Age".;)

The old Red Ryder was fun, but even it would kill. As I was growing
    up, many a dove found power lines and low trees around our house
    were not a safe place to be.:paranoid:

Jack...:cool:

9. Johnny Corona

Johnny Corona Salem Or New Member

I am pretty sure I would not like to be on the business end of my modified Beeman Kodiak, I have seen what it does to rabbits and squirrels at 50. Johnny

10. Johnny Corona

Johnny Corona Salem Or New Member

I took a modified CR-X #2125 all scoped out, along with my scuba tank to Fossil Or to go digger squirrel hunting with a few friends a couple years back, I also packed my 10/22 just in case everybody starting laughing too much at me. Bottom line, yes they laughed at first, but about 30 min into our excursion, they were standing in line to sit down at my shooting bench. I will say this, my 10/22 never left its scabbard all weekend, and more diggers were dispatched that weekend by my little air rifle than by any of the Ruger's in the bunch. At 50 yards thereabouts, it is a most effective small game gun. Johnny