JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered a SPS AAC-SD, I know it is just a threaded barrel but I think it is a great rifle to start off a long range/sniper build...
My question is, I want to put a Badger Ordnance FTE brake on it and it is already threaded but Badger recommends a gunsmith as the brake comes .22 cal and must be machined to your caliber. Is there any good gunsmiths near Tri-cities?

I am going to put a Tact bolt handle on while Im at it, and get the paper work started for a can...
Plans: SS scope, and B.O. detachable box mag

Any ideas or recomendations?????

No ideas huh?... well my karsten cheek piece came in. Nice quality, can't wait to try it. Decided on the AAC blackout brake, as it accepts the can. Now the atf waiting game will begin...

New stock or chassis, or modify the Hogue so it it isn't contacting the barrel (it does this on mine and every other one I've seen). That's about the only other thing I'd do to it. I was planning on dropping mine into an AICS but now its getting sold to fund an OBR. I do think its a great little rifle though.

Other than that, buy or load some good ammo and shoot it. The 1/10 twist really likes 175 Gold Medal Match.

Don't know about on the east side of the mountains but the guys at Rainier Arms recommended this gunsmith in Olympia.

1 Man Machining, Paul Stevens, 360.480.5132

From what I'm told he does all the Remington 700 M24 rifles for Ft Lewis so he definitely knows what he is doing.

P.S. I plan on picking up the exact same rifle soon. However I'm going with the AAC Break. It works really well and best part fits their suppressor which are one of the best on the market.

I have been looking into a 700 build after seeing the AICS and seeing different manufacturer's bottom metal that accepts the AI mags. As far as bottom metal goes I have decided on the Surgeon rather than the BM, better fit and finish, and from all I've heard BM has sharp edges that aren't chamfered well enough. But for $300, I'd rather have a nice stock like this Stock Pricing WAAAYYY cheaper than the AICS and functionally accomplishes the same. Mcree makes them I think <broken link removed> . I think that is my plan, whenever the budget permits. All the reviews I've read on the sps says the hogue stock is junk.

I ordered my super sniper 10x. I am planning on ordering the dbm from badger in april. I hope to buy a can this summer, depends on extra money and overtime... gas prices will not be helping the just for fun fund.

It came in, I already installed the KRG bolt knob. Looks really nice. Now I have to wait to get my base, detachable box mag, brake, and bipod so I can Duracoat the parts and reassemble the rifle.

006-2.jpg
008-2.jpg
007-1.jpg
010-1.jpg
What do you think?

It came in, I already installed the KRG bolt knob. Looks really nice. Now I have to wait to get my base, detachable box mag, brake, and bipod so I can Duracoat the parts and reassemble the rifle.

I just bought the same gun, the Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC - SD with the 20 inch bull barrel and the hinged magazine plate - in .308. And guess what, I want to put this magazine configuration on as well. Some people say the standard 700 SPS Stock, the one in the picture, is not going to work. Could you perhaps share your experience of installing it? And what brand or type of trigger guard and mag did you use? And what did that cost?

I considered a few different options so far. Midway offers the H-S and some lower priced guard for like $ 130, plus the magazine for 80$ or so. But that is on backorder right now. And one gunsmith did nothing else but talk and praise the Badger, which he offered to install for $400 (without the magazines). And there is the AICS stock and the McRee TMAG Detachable magazine stocks. They cost each about the same if you take into account the need for the magazine purchase as well...which is around $ 800 bucks. I paid $550 for the rifle.

Did I make a mistake? Should I just switch over to a Browning BAR for example, or perhaps even the Ruger Scout for around $ 750 to 800$ (has already a magazine system)? I read lots of reviews. These are all good guns. And I don't really need a 1000 yard gun. I just want to make sure I can push back rioting thugs from my hill, if I have too, from about 500 yards.

Thanks for any help I can get. I have never owned a bolt action before, shot yes, but not owned. Mostly I shot semi's and full autos in 308, 223, and 7.62 x 39 (was in the Austrian Military a long time ago).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top