JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Looking for a bench, honestly not exactly sure what I want but I need one ASAP! Let me know if you have anything for sale.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I started with a metal workbench from Home Depot. It was the one without the back and light but it did have two shelves. I then added sides and two doors to the front. Once you add the press, you won't be able to open a drawer or a door on that side so keep that in mind. I've since moved it to the garage, and it's not against a wall, so added a lauan plywood back to it to enclose the bottom portion.

The top is cheap particle board so I sanded it and added a couple coats of hard enamel. I'm using a Lee bench plate mount that makes it easy to remove the press if I want to. Like anything else, storage space eventually gets filled up so there's never enough room on the shelves and compartments but it does help keep things organized. I believe that, if I had to do it again, I'd go with the version with a built in back and light fixture since there's never enough light and the pegboard might be a good place for often used tools.

The biggest thing is to get one sturdy enough, or at least one that can be beefed up, since you'll be putting quite a bit of force on the table when sizing brass.

Mine serves double duty by adding a small vice so I can clean and work on long guns. Just added a single stage press as well. If you don't keep things clean and organized, it gets messy real quick.

May not help but there are lots of office desks for sale cheap on Facebook market place. Some of them look pretty sturdy and would make a good reloading bench.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.