JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I ordered a couple Pmags from these clowns on 02JAN13. It said "In Stock" when I ordered, months go buy, I forgot about the order since I had ordered from numerous places. Well got an email Friday 20SEP13 saying my order was being shipped 10 MONTHS LATER? I immediately replied, asked them not to ship them, that I no longer even owned an FDE rifle. No longer wanted or needed the mags, said you guys could have emailed asking if I still wanted them first. Asked to be refunded. They said tough cookies, you can return on your own dime and pay a 15% restocking fee. I did some research and found that the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) has rules on internet purchases regarding the length of time that is acceptable to ship items and that lawsuits can ensue. So I sent that info to them. Asked if I should do a charge back or just deny shipment, whatever is easiest for them. Here are some of the immature responses I received:

"unfortunately for you, you are incorrect. You have your merchandise and you are threatening a charge back. That is fraud 101 my friend. Especially when in my email below I offered for you to return it for a refund less restocking fee. You ordered, we shipped, in huge bold red letters on our homepage clearly stated no ETA on back ordered items not our fault you cant read, you never cancelled the order (until it was already shipped) now you are trying to commit CC fraud. See how the "law" may not be on your side here. I dare you to push for your "lawsuit" in the email below. We will crush you and enjoy doing so, trust me]."

I'll take my chances running my business how I do it, If i don't get your $95 mag order in the future, oh well, because you will just commit CC fraud again, which I have notified our local PD already about the situation. Your not the first to try to pull a scam like this.
If you just admit you are in the wrong you will come to terms with it. It will then be easy for you to return the items and get your refund less 15%."

I found quite a few complaints and bad reviews on this forum:
<broken link removed>

9 complaints with the BBB including a grade of "F":
Red X Arms Business Review in Starbuck, MN - Minnesota and North Dakota BBB

Some more funny responses another customer received:
RED X ARMS have the worst customer service ever - Page 4

Anyways, just thought I would share. I was pretty upset with their service. Filed a charge dispute with my bank, a complaint with the FTC, pending their decision whether I am in the right or not I may file with the BBB. All they had to do was eat a few bucks shipping for being SO REDICULOUSLY SLOW delivering and communicating. If you call them, it says just email.

Pmags are like money, just hang onto them for awhile and you will be glad you did! Or just sell them on here. If you didnt want the mags you should have cancelled your back order.

They do sound like @#$% to work with but it all could have been avoided.

Call your credit card company and tell them the situation. They will likely credit you back and you might even be able to keep the items. Remember that YOU are the one who pays to your credit card bank and they are more interested in taking your side since they want YOUR money.

A few years ago, I ordered something online and wasn't happy with the product as delivered. I asked the company to take the items back and they said "no refunds". So I called the bank who issued the card, told them I wasn't happy with the product and the company wouldn't take them back. The bank credited my card the amount I paid and the company never asked for their stuff back...so I just donated it.

I'm with Billy. They are way over the top in their response, but you wouldn't even know you were out the money if they hadn't eventually shipped your order. Not that I have any better memory than you, although I will say that I usually check out a new company pretty carefully before giving them money.

Realistically, at this point if you can sell those mags at a profit it might be a lot simpler. If it's worth the difference and the extra work to not let them get away with it I totally understand - I've chosen principle over money more than once. Just try to get a little perspective on it to make sure you're not reacting only emotionally - we're wired to make our best decisions when we use both emotion and logic. If you leave either one completely out you usually get a pretty crappy result. And I'm gonna leave it at that before somebody starts calling me Depak or something. ;)

Their prices are $19 shipped for the FDE mags, I got 5 for $95, so not a smoking deal or anything. I was truly torn on how to handle it. I still feel 10 months is rediculous to ship items when all the others I ordered were shipped months ago that I ordered. I would have liked an email stating they came in, do I still want them. Also the fact that they said "In Stock" when I ordered. I knew things were crazy and I would be lucky to see them arrive. After reading some of the other threads and their replies which were similar to the ones I received. I just decided I would do my part to knock them off their high horse a little. Seems very conceited and customers should not be treated that way ever in my opinion. If they had been more professional I would have just eaten it. Sell them, loose a few bucks for my poor memory or eat some restocking fee.

Only issue I see is they said "In stock" and should have said "Taking back orders" other than that, You bought something you wanted, When they finally got the product in from there supplier they filled the order. I'm sure there getting tired of people cancelling orders after a panic dies down expecting them to sit on potentially thousands of cancelled orders. You had 10 months to cancel And really within that time you never realized where a Benjamin went? If I were in your shoes I'd chalk it up to life learning experience and start watching those bank (CC?) statements.

When you got rid of you rifle these were meant for did it not jog a memory then?

I do think that was a crappy unprofessional reply from any company but I know if some random sends me a email with suit threats right off, I go in to defensive mode too. Not trying to be a total dick just how I see it.

FWIW, I cancelled a order with Alexander Arms for a 6.5 Grendel a while back and only the upper order got cancelled. I have ammo, mags and a hoodie and no Grendel.... My fault for not following through on a order I made.
My .02

Back then on their homepage the first words were"there is at least a 30 day wait on all orders and you would have to contact them to cancel an order" (just a quick overview of what it said) I had ordered some BCG's from them shortly after the shooting and remember that page well. bubblegumty the way its getting handled but in my opinion it is more on you than them.

I have done business with them and had a good experience. I would just either send them back and eat the 15% or re sell them. People were ordering like crazy back then and you need to remember to cancel. I had stripped lowers on backorder with Brownells and eventually just called and canceled it was easy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top