RedDot size on revolver?

Reactions
Hey I was looking for a group think about what size reddot you like on your revolver or have enjoyed shooting in the past. This revolver will be used for speedsteel type stuff and just plinking.

I am wondering if a 30mm is big enough for quick target aquisition or if a 35?40?42?50? would be better and perfered.

Personally 30's seem a little small so would like one a little bigger but how big I have not had the chance to shoot my revolver with any reddots yet

Just looking for a so what do you like on yours type of thread?

Thanks,
Steven
(fyi ordered a square B mount for my revolver today!)

Reactions
Well first off let me say I have never put a redot on a revolver but on my auto's I like the 40mm-42mm I have 1 on a S&W 22a works great and I have one on a cz-75 very happy with them and I have put 1000's of rounds threw both. I tried a 50mm and it didnt last long enough to really get a feal for it { was a cheapy that wouldnt hold a zero } but it looked really odd on my little smith 22a. The BSA and tru-glow seem to be decent reddot the one 50mm that fell apart looked like a bsa but had some other name on it. The BSA's run about $40 for the 40mm- 42mm at the gun shows.

Reactions
I use a millet red dot on my ruger 22/45 and it has a 30mm tube, while the quality is great I would recommend going bigger. I've had it on a couple of rifles and it works fine closer to the eye but at arms length it's harder to acquire the dot until it's right in front of you. O.K. for paper but too slow for plates or multiple targets. I have one of those dueling tree .22 targets and it's too slow getting onto the first target.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom