JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife just got a CZ 2075 Rami, and I've been using a Serpa for more than a decade; since they've locked down CCW acquisition here, she can only open carry - as such I would prefer a Serpa-Style "lock" on her holster, but I can't seem to find a "verified" serpa-style holster that works with the CZ 2075 Rami.

Can anyone recommend one they have verified fits perfectly?

Thanks!

Serpas are inherently dangerous and most law enforcement agencies have banned them due to people accidentally discharging their firearm upon draw. I know you said you've carried one for years but there are safer options than a Serpa.

Neither make a retention for a RAMI.

If leather might work for the wife:

No experience with them, etc etc.

If I may respectfully make a suggestion:
I would prefer a Serpa-Style "lock" on her holster
When it come to firearm stuff for women, what we men prefer does not matter much, decisions need to be left to the woman carrying the gun. I'm married to someone who trains many woman shooters. Personally trained quite a few myself. Holsters fit women very differently so ride height, cant, release mechanisms, front cut, etc. all work much differently for the female form than for men. (Most of us guys have a box or two of holsters that we thought we would like).

Find a friend or two with that box of holsters just so se can see how they ride, how the draw works, etc. Many stores have holsters that you can actually try on as well. I don't know the frame of your lady but the typically shorter distance from hip to shoulder makes a big difference in draw.

I'm not a Serpa hater, but the ones I have are located in the box I spoke about earlier. Sounds like you are experienced with yours, but studies have showed issues with new shooters. Thanks to your post (sincerely) found the report for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center at Glynco where they studied the issues. Under stress, shooters tend to get the draw sequence out of order (personally observed this with all types of holsters and shooters as well). When shooters pull up on the holster before pressing the release the holster can lock. Shooters pull up with increasing force, while curling their (trigger) finger for more pressure on the release. When the gun comes loose, the finger is more likely to go into the trigger guard and is already curved, not flat.

Thank you for taking a genuine interest in helping your wife find the best solution. Hope this helps the journey a bit. Other good advice posted as well.

Thank you for taking a genuine interest in helping your wife find the best solution. Hope this helps the journey a bit. Other good advice posted as well.

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. The core issue is the county where we live has permanently shut down CCW acquisition (which is completely illegal, as a court on the east coast already ruled, but no ruling here as of yet), which means she can only legally open carry (and we've already seen publications that they plan on doing this crap until the Election - no joke). My understanding is it's preferable to have a secure holster for open carry to ensure nobody can come up behind you or in CQ and easily grab your firearm. It sounds like a snap-style secure mechanism may be preferable.

I agree; finding a proper holster for a woman is different than for a man. The problem is unless I can find a local store that carries a RAMI compatible holster (the largest gun store in our area that sold her the RAMI didn't even have one) we have no choice but to order one online.

Can anyone recommend an online solution that should be good for a female open carry wearer that properly fits the RAMI?

Thanks!

Just mentioning that the leather one linked in above is also open carry/OWB.

Looks at first glance to be IWB, if you only gave it a quick look.

Again tho, no, personal experience. So there's that...