JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have pretty much decided on Ruger American in .30-06 for elk hunt this year. Watching here for one (or Remi 700 or ...?) or will get one at Bi-Mart.

New they don't come with scopes. Several people have endorsed Nikon: good quality, optics and reasonable prices.

Recommendations for this application and use?
Also where to buy? Bi-Mart also OR are there other sources to recommend?
Online or stay away from that option?

I have had good luck with the Nikons, but I can't comment on current models. Have you considered Leupold? Their rifleman model is in your price range and has the lifetime warranty. I have had good luck with both companies for customer service, but Leupold is a bit more convenient.

I have had good luck with the Nikons, but I can't comment on current models. Have you considered Leupold? Their rifleman model is in your price range and has the lifetime warranty. I have had good luck with both companies for customer service, but Leupold is a bit more convenient.

Thank you for input. Not knowing a lot about scopes, Leupold was one of my first thoughts: had heard of the warranty and support local business. One person that I asked, said "just ok" now days as quality and craftman had slipped in thier opinion and they recommended Nikon. So I turned here for more perspectives.

I have multiple Redfields for hunting. Mounted on everything from .243 to .270 to 8mm Mauser. Leupold made, same warranty. Their "Revenge" line is made in the Philippines. Then again, so are some Nikons. I like the "Revolution" for durability and the "Revenge" for the AccuRange feature. Out the door for +/- $200. Good range of magnification for hunting purposes. BiMart carries them, so if you're in to pick up your rifle, might as well get rings and a scope at the same time if the budget allows. Never had to send one back for warranty work but have had to do this with Leupold Bino's.

I have a couple of the burris fullfields, and they have been good, and when i sent one in for warranty a few years back they were good about it. recommend either a 2-7, or a 3-9, with a nod towards the 2-7 if you are likely to be hunting in real close cover.. (the burris 2-7 fullfield can be found for 140 or so) Nikon has 3 differnt lines (grades) Prostaff/Buckmaster/Monarch... with corresponding prices. If you get a leopould, -if you're going to spend 200, I'd look around for a VX1, rather than a rifleman. The redfield will be less of course. dont think you'll go wrong with any of these..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top