Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Recmmendation for basic handgun training in Seattle area

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by smurf hunter, Mar 26, 2010.

1. smurf hunter

smurf hunter Auburn, WA Active Member

My wife and I are both interested. I've been around rifles for a while, but am new to pistols. With young kids in the house we want to make sure we've really got our safety habits solid.

South King Co. (Auburn/Kent area) is ideal, but if there's an outstanding course, we're willing to travel further.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

3. wsu 5.9er

wsu 5.9er Spanaway WA Member

4. OFARICK

OFARICK Brownsville, Ore New Member

Further South of you a few hours and a pleasant drive thru Northern Oregon is www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com check it out and plan a family trip. You won't be disappointed.

5. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

Champion Arms in Kent ( http://www.championarms.com ). :)

My wife (who had never fired a handgun) and I took their course last fall. I think it was $80 each and was several hours of classroom and a couple of hours on the range.

The instructors are local area law enforcement officers and the course is directed primarily at in home safety. We thought it was very adequate to get us started. There are many more advanced courses available and you (or both) should take one eventually, but only after you are completely comfortable with your handgun of choice and using it on the range.

Ed