JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have an upper receiver vise block that I can borrow for about a week or two? I dont really want to buy one to use once. If someone has one that they can loan me that would be great. Thanks, Brandon

I need an upper vise block since I am doing some work on the upper. I think if I do that I will put too much pressure on the pins that hold the upper and lower together. although if that is a safe way to do it I will. Cheaper than buying a vise block.

I have one, but I haven't seen it in a couple of years. If I can find it, you're welcome to borrow it, but keep looking. I'll check in the garage tonight and see if I can locate it.

I have removed and installed countless AR15 barrels and muzzle devices with one of my lower receiver vise blocks. The shear strength on the pins and the uppers are WAY more than anyone thinks.

You won't hurt them. I had one barrel that was torqued to over 160 ft-lbs! Both receivers and the take down pins were not affected by my removing of the barrel nut.

Even the Cavalry Arms lowers are plenty strong and will take this type of work. The main reason I prefer using a lower block is I don't have to remove my rear sight, optics or anything else that may get in the way of an upper block.

Let me know if you'd like one of our vise blocks! They are $18 shipped to NWFA members. Your choice of black or brown. http://www.firearmstands.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=ARNON-AMBIBLOCK

what is the difference in one of your lower blocks and using an old mag?

If I had to use one word, durability. An old mag will be much more likely to crush, fold, collapse or let go of the lower. Our blocks are solid and have been tested by us, and others here, to outperform other materials on the market. Our blocks will allow you to use them over and over and over. Long after the old magazine has been tossed. Even if you're buying used mags for $5 each, it makes sense to buy one of our mag blocks. Trust me, you'll use it all the time once you have it! :D

I originally made one for myself as I had broken a plastic unit back in December of last year, and with "the scare" going on, finding anything for the AR was a nightmare. My brother and I built a few, handed them out to a couple friends and used them to build our guns. I do have an upper block in my tool box, but the only time it gets used is if someone specifically requests that I use it.

Myself, I'd rather click a stripped upper onto a lower that is connected to a mag block and assemble it that way. Hope that answers the questions and did you ever get what you needed to build your project?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top