JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pondering reloading 9mm. I've always used RCBS carbide dies for pistol cases.

I like the look of the seating depth dial on the HDY dies. Seems like it would be easier to adjust in small increments.

However, I've read some mixed opinions of them nitrides. Especially claims that the coating wears off easily. And now I can't make up my mind....

I tried some of the Hornady new dimension nitride dies in 9mm a while back. I was not impressed in the least. The sizing die seemed to drag on the cases and left some galling marks on most of them. These were clean cases (tumbled) too. I returned the Hornady and got RCBS instead. Much smoother, no galling.

Well, I have been using Hornady New Dimension dies for as long as they have been out.
Compared to my RCBS sizing dies, Hornady dies take less effort. You can't wear out the coating any faster than you can wear out the same amount of carbide (and maybe even slower).
Lee and Hornady sizing dies go down a little further on the case than other brands.
ALL my sizing dies for 9x19 will have "problems" at times that are solved with a little case lube.
I have no idea how turing one type of screw can be any easier than turning another type of screw by hand, and have never seen any reason for the "micrometer" seating dies when I simply save an inert round if I ever have to reset a seating die.

Pondering reloading 9mm. I've always used RCBS carbide dies for pistol cases.

I like the look of the seating depth dial on the HDY dies. Seems like it would be easier to adjust in small increments.

However, I've read some mixed opinions of them nitrides. Especially claims that the coating wears off easily. And now I can't make up my mind....

Maybe I should try a set for my 9mm Sniper rds.... LOL

luhr-jensen-kwikfish-xtreme-action-troll-o.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top