JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
folks. Family is headed for Lincoln city last weekend of this month. My whole family LOVES razor clams. Can someone let me know if there's a way to predict the red tide stuff. And also, if it will be good claming. Can I get some help from a expert here? There's got to be a few of them..
Thanks

No expert, but I love clamming too!!

Here is the ODFW link for closure and harvest information;
Crabbing & Clamming Report - Marine Zone | Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife

Seaside Tide tables;
Tide Tables in Seaside, Oregon's favorite vacation destination
Looks like a decent tide for mornings over the weekend.

No way to predict red tide that I know of. Watch the website above and they usually post signs on the beaches when it is a problem. A phone call may get you current toxin levels to compare to whatever the shutdown levels are. I believe Washington is 20PPM domoic acid to close the harvest.

We haven't dug all year since Jeannie's schedule has had her working every weekend with a decent tide!!:mad::mad:
Good luck!!

Historically, Oregon razors get shut down July 1 give or take due to domoic acid levels and reopen mid to lat september.....historically.
Sun and summer heat/warming of the waters does this. Kinda like Salems water and detroit res.
Bay clams tend to not be affected.
Go to Tillamook or Netarts and grab a quick limit! Almost as good and really easy pickings.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top