JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Umm, borrowedsig, that may be the USPS's policy, but if you've ever sold a gun online, as I recently did through gunbroker.com, as the SHIPPER, no forms or special licenses are required. It does have to be shipped TO an FFL, but not BY an FFL, though it depends on the STATE you are shipping TO. IE, some states require that interstate shipping of firearms have an FFL on both ends. I sold my gun to a buyer in Texas, and simply took the gun into UPS, and gave her the address of the FFL in Corpus Cristi that I was shipping it to.

The transaction was completed without issue and all parties were satisfied (besides me being astounded that it cost so much to ship 5 pounds to Texas)

As long as you guys are sure about it. Im just trying to make sure that everyone knows what all is involved. I shipped FFL to FFL and i was told by my FFL and by PNKHMMR who i sold it to that you had to have an FFL on both ends.
Im not trying to stop a sale im just trying to help :)

Matt

GunBroker.com - Help Center Gunbroker breaks it down very simply.

Here's an excerpt:

Here is exactly what the ATF 'Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide' (ATF P 5300.4) says:
(B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier?
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922( a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31]

Matt,

It's all good. I used caps for emphasis because I'm too lazy to use HTML for bold or italics, NOT because I was implying I was yelling. :)

If this topic came up last month, I would have been unsure, but having recently gone through the process, I'm confident in my statement's accuracy. (at least until the ATF busts down my door) ;)

Thanks for your concern, though!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.