JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this on Gunbroker:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1015810045

I'd never heard of these before. This one is serial number 005P, which the seller states the P stands for prototype. I could only find one other such pistol online. It was serial number NC150001. The NC prefix suggests these were made around 1989.

I've attached the Gunbroker link so as to not infringe on somebody else's pictures.

I'm more interested in who sees that as being worth $5k
I'm thinking it's something that is extremely rare, yet has very limited sale potential. For one thing, because it's very rare, not many people have heard about it. I can think of many more desirable, collectible guns, bringing lots more money that aren't anywhere near as rare. The fact that this is offered at a fixed price rather than as an auction says something.

The only other one I saw online, SN NC150001, had the sold price blocked out so I couldn't comp a price.

I don't like the trigger guard as being an integral part of the stock / frame.

Looks like the magnum research lone eagle action,
Yes it does, the design appears to be very similar but the pieces are not exactly the same. The Magnum Research gun wasn't made until around 1991, a number of years after the NEF.

Here is a link to another forum, wherein diagrams of how the action comes apart are shown. In one of the pictures, the word "patented" is shown on the barrel. I'm wondering if NEF sold the design to MR.

Further snooping around on the internet reveals that there was also a version of this called the SSP-86, made by Ordnance Research in Stetson, Maine, and the linked information states that they sold the design to Magnum Research for the Lone Eagle. Which suggests that NEF may have bought the rights from OR and had manufactured some of their version before the OR version was marketed. The article states that John Foote, working at Ordnance Research designed it, so it doesn't sound like the reverse happened, that is, NEF sold the design to OR.

The Magnum Research version was made over a longer period of time, had barrels in many different chamberings available. I like the more modular design of the MR better. It looks like those trade on GB for around a grand.

Magnum Research was the original maker of the Desert Eagle, also the BFR single action revolver. They are owned by the parent company of Kahr Arms now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top