JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up this Ruger MKII pistol
Has a 5.5" barrel
Stainless, slabside model
From what my research shows less than 900 were made, and maybe as few as 300...

Model KMK512GC

Should I mod the trigger and thread the barrel? Or just leave as is in its stock glory?
.....?

16786687437389192208167668359141.jpg 16786687730648977546131951930838.jpg

I have a tap and die from eBay I'll use on that for free. No guarantee of concentricity and you get what you pay for

I have a MK3 ss Hunter I tricked out but I also have a Ruger standard (mk 1) that my grandfather bought to teach me how to shoot at age 4.

It's still in 90%+ condition but rarely shot because of its sentimental value. The thing is extremely accurate and bone stock.

I think it shipped with the black plastic grips with the logo, and with all those accessories.
Sadly none of those are still with the pistol, I did get the case and fired casing, along w 2 mags

How did you get the KMK512GC description from the 00188 model #?

That is the catalog #, the KMK512GC
And the 00188 is the model #
Those are the numbers from the factory sticker on the side

Here is a similar one

I think it shipped with the black plastic grips with the logo, and with all those accessories.
Sadly none of those are still with the pistol, I did get the case and fired casing, along w 2 mags
I have the full size MK II slab side with all the goodies but no matching box with the old school valquartsen paddle trigger in it. Doesn't get shot much anymore since I got the mk IV stainless threaded 5.5

Threading the barrel for a comp? I have a brake that you remove the front sight and screw it into place with front sight hole.

Here is a nice pre mark 1. Still Dead nuts accurate.

20220705_201515.jpg

Should I mod the trigger and thread the barrel?
Mod the trigger ? I think a good cleaning and polish of the original internals would be sufficient.

Thread the barrel? Heck no! Personally I do not understand the obsession with muzzle brakes or suppressors.

I have been looking for a Mk II and am envious!

I disagree... Velzey does an amazing invisible protector thread job on Ruger MK's... I don't see it hurting resale value one bit; if anything you can add $150 to the selling price.