JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess we might as well get an update. 17 months later, are you still liking the rifle? Did you confirm sub MOA?

Unfortunately I have been too busy with the career and family to organize another controlled shooting session for sub-MOA testing since my initial posted results. That being said, I still have no doubts that my Ruger Ameican is at least a MOA capable rifle, if not sub-MOA if I follow what Spitpatch laid out with times between shots, etc.

So, 17 months later I still really enjoy this rifle, and on opening day of rifle deer season I bagged a buck with one shot through its heart from 50 yards away in the unsupported standing position. Although I fancy myself to be a pretty decent shot, I'd say the rifle is plenty accurate just based on that deliberate heart-shot alone.

Bi-Mart had the Ruger American (in different calibers) on sale for just under $300 on "Black Friday" from their usual price of $329... ;)

I just picked up one on sale for 299. Wasn't specifically shopping for one, but for that price I couldn't pass it up. What scope do you have for it? I am just getting into hunting so I am looking for some info/input.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top