JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess we might as well get an update. 17 months later, are you still liking the rifle? Did you confirm sub MOA?

Unfortunately I have been too busy with the career and family to organize another controlled shooting session for sub-MOA testing since my initial posted results. That being said, I still have no doubts that my Ruger Ameican is at least a MOA capable rifle, if not sub-MOA if I follow what Spitpatch laid out with times between shots, etc.

So, 17 months later I still really enjoy this rifle, and on opening day of rifle deer season I bagged a buck with one shot through its heart from 50 yards away in the unsupported standing position. Although I fancy myself to be a pretty decent shot, I'd say the rifle is plenty accurate just based on that deliberate heart-shot alone.

Bi-Mart had the Ruger American (in different calibers) on sale for just under $300 on "Black Friday" from their usual price of $329... ;)

I just picked up one on sale for 299. Wasn't specifically shopping for one, but for that price I couldn't pass it up. What scope do you have for it? I am just getting into hunting so I am looking for some info/input.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top