JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Toys.jpg

My wife and I picked these up last week and were finally able to get them out to the range yesterday. Her parents are in town, so we decided to take them shooting.

FNX-40

This is the first gun I've ever held which felt like it fit. From first day I handled one I knew I wanted one. I was a bit hesitant in getting a 40S&W version of it as I am not a huge of the cartridge. My experience in shooting Glocks chambered in it was less then enjoyable. Regardless I decided to give it a chance. Before taking it out I found which of the 4 backstraps I preferred, the flat checkered version, and made sure it was cleaned and lubed. My first few mags through the gun were low and left. I had my thumb riding over the safety decocker and the recoil was pounding the lever into my hand. As I type I can feel a bit of soreness in the area. I repositioned my thumb and it tightened up the pattern some, but still left. I moved my finger over on the trigger, so I had a lighter touch with the pad and things all came together. The shots grouped nicely were I was pointing. My mother in law decided to show me up and go out there one handed and hit a 12 gauge shell at about 12 yards with it, so I can see the accuracy is there. She shoots a Colt 1911 Gold Cup in competition and felt the grip and controls were similar enough. She liked the curved backstrap over the flat and with her one handed target grip, the checkering did eat into her hand a bit. Overall, I am super happy with the gun and am looking forward to years of enjoyment. I feel FNH hit a home run with the FNX!

PX4 Storm 9mm

My wife had much of the same feelings regarding the PX4 Storm as I did with the FNX, she just felt right with the gun. My wife has plenty of experience with Beretta as she carried an M9 as an MP in the Marines and then the Army. She once told me she would never own another Beretta, as her experience with the M9 was not enjoyable for whatever reason. Then the PX4 Storm came out and she was in love. The Storm is unbelievable to shoot. I can only assume the low bore axis and rotation barrel work together to make what little recoil there is very manageable. The ergonomics of the gun are spot on for us and it, like the FNX was easy and intuitive to shoot. We did have some initial problems getting the magazines to seat. Being brand new, things are pretty stiff, including the magazine springs, we just weren't being forceful enough with it. Once we figured that out we only had 2 failure to feeds. I didn't spend time trying to diagnose what happened, one was with my wife during the first mag and may have been a seating issue and the second was with my MIL who was shooting one handed and getting tired, so she may have limp-wristed it. Time will tell if it becomes a regular issue.

It was a great day shooting, but snowy ground, cold feet and a light mist made it all too short. It's always fun to go out and use the new guns you've purchased and even better when they prove to be all you'd hope they would. I would recommend both guns to anyone looking. The FNX series has ambidextrous controls out of the box, so it's a plus for the lefties, or people who shoot lefty. I believe the PX4 mag eject can be swapped, but it has no slide release for the lefties. Both get an A+ from me.

Toys.jpg

I bet this would be a good report if you cared to use paragraphs.

Meh......after all the letter's I've been writing to politician were my grammar needs to be 100% I guess I got a little lazy with the local gun board post. I usually try but was excited to share my experience so I rushed it. There's got to be a few more grammatical errors besides the lack of paragraphs and I bet spelling errors too!:) I'll do better next time teach.:rolleyes:

Good report it got the point a across and has me interested in them now, wondering what is the average going price for one in .40 cal ?
By the way I posted an about a subject last weekend made few mistake and they came out of the wood work about. I think it's a little ridiculous but hey freedom of Speech right.
Thanks for the report.

You didn't know that we are all English professors :)? I usually try to do good but sometimes me gets lazy two. But really it was a good write up. I've actually been wanting to add both of those pistols to my little collection. After those two I think I will be done..... Well at least til something new comes out :)

I don't knock either caliber and carry both but the 40 is a bit better at hard surface penetration (like windshields) and has a bit more stopping power. I would have gone with the FNs for our new guns (I like many FN weapons) but I get Glock mags wholesale, so we went with a G23 for my gal and a matching G23 and a G22 for me

It was a great day shooting, but snowy ground, cold feet and a light mist made it all too short.

That's one of the reasons why we joined the Johnson Creek Gun Club, so we can go whenever - weather be damned - and shoot for as long as we like or as long as the ammo holds out. I'm glad we joined when we did as there is now a wait list going as I understand.

I have the FNX 9 and I absolutley love that piece of equipment. I love that it comes with 3 mags too. It is ready to carry, right out of the box. I really like the 4 back strape options you have and the ease of replacement. I have an M&P 9 and the backstrap tool is hard to release/turn and I have almost given up on it. Best Polymer gun on the market I believe. I am in the market now for the FNS 9