JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not all that happy with the competition upper and or red dot on the TX22. I swear it shot better with standard upper and open sights. Love the Mark ii the best but I think the Mark iv edges it out a little. This was 25 yds. I don't take a lot of time to aim because I feel like target shooting should mimic real world so I empty a mag in about 5 seconds.

20221022_170002.jpg 20221022_165426.jpg

Well after another trip to the range I even less happy with both the TX22 and the Holosun. I feel like selling it and getting another Ruger. The results don't lie. After sight adjustments and jams to deal with the TX22 just isn't my cup of tea.

I don't take a lot of time to aim because I feel like target shooting should mimic real world so I empty a mag in about 5 seconds.
Are these self defense guns? We cant judge a guns accuracy until we take the time to aim with it.

The TX22 and 22/45 lite are same class. What I really mean is I shoot fast and line my sights up quick kind of like a race gun. I put more effort into the TX22 and still half 2X the area for grouping. There might be something odd about mine but the Rugers just seem to serve me a lot better. Setting up a Ruger with trigger kit and optic will make a guns total fall just short of $1,000 but it performs so I can't complain. Also no jams at all with the Ruger. The TX22 is one jam after another.

The TX22 and 22/45 lite are same class. What I really mean is I shoot fast and line my sights up quick kind of like a race gun. I put more effort into the TX22 and still half 2X the area for grouping. There might be something odd about mine but the Rugers just seem to serve me a lot better. Setting up a Ruger with trigger kit and optic will make a guns total fall just short of $1,000 but it performs so I can't complain. Also no jams at all with the Ruger. The TX22 is one jam after another.
For me I would much much rather have a Ruger than the Taurus, but that said the Taurus is indeed in the same class. I still think its not fair to judge a guns precision until you shoot it, precisely (then practice practical shooting later...) but in your defense all things are equal here and the Rugers shoot better than the Taurus.

You have two Rugers and one Taurus, one could argue the need to be skilled in any handgun platform, or... sell the Taurus and stick with Rugers. Options are a good thing but I would need to learn the Taurus more precisely before I sold it off... I like the idea of being well versed in different guns.

I have the standard TX22 not the competition and it eats any 22lr I feed it with no issues. What type of jams are you having ? Failure to feed or failure to eject? Have you disassembled your magazines and cleaned them?

I dont know what that means? It started as the regular TX but I upgraded the upper. It seemed to have shot better before.
I'd send taurus a picture of your group and see if the would send a different barrel. I don't know if your competition slide came with a barrel or if you used your original.

Darn, I've got two. They aren't the most precise gun around, but I'd state they are at least acceptable in terms of what prints in paper. I would assume the bull barrel version would be better. I've been wanting to pick up a comp upper from them but I'm always too slow when the in stock notification comes through.

I'd send taurus a picture of your group and see if the would send a different barrel. I don't know if your competition slide came with a barrel or if you used your original.
@Cody01

@xtratoy has a point.

If you have an early TX 22, there was a problem with their OEM barrels being pitted from the factory. Google it - you'll see what I mean.

I experienced that with my TX22 and contacted Taurus. They sent me a new barrel for free.

If you have a later production TX 22, I'd still take a look at the bore. You can see the pitting easily by just shining a light through the barrel, no scope or other tools needed. If you see pitting or irregularities, you've got a bad barrel.

Good luck.

I've run all kinds of crappy ammo through my Taurus, and it just eats it up. Not one failure.

Had me a TX22 Comp a couple of years ago and loved it and with SV ammo it shot lights out using stock sights on the gun .... I originally wanted the TX22 but couldn't find one for a decent price so I seen the comp on sale for a great price and bought it.

Fast forward to late last year and I see the basic TX22's are now available and priced right so I traded the comp for one I don't like threaded barrels so I saw that Taurus sold non-threaded barrels for the TX22 and got one and it shoots great.

The only upgrades besides the barrel was a fiber optic front sight and after market trigger with the spring also .... And it is also a great shooting pistol.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top