JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I was going to post exactly that -- I saw that story yesterday I think. It's so sad -- demolition (not rebuilding, just demolition) bills for $300+k and insurance that will pay $25-50k. The people who lost everything they worked for will never be made whole and meanwhile, morons run around looting and burning and saying "they're insured bro -- it's just property".

EDIT: this was the story I read: Skyrocketing demolition costs for riot-damaged Minneapolis, St. Paul properties delay rebuilding

And don't forget taxpaying Joe Paycheck....
...whose car/truck got damaged/burnt, and has to find a way to fix/replace it without insurance.
just because he got caught performing the racist act of going to/coming from work.

I'd just sue the city, mayor, and governor.

Maybe, but there would be difficulties -- there's a Supreme Court case saying police don't have a duty to protect and I would imagine that would be extended to local government as well. Secondly, if there is doubt that an individual can sue a city for failure during a riot, it will take many appeals and a decade or more before any final decision. Even if it was favorable to the business owners burned out of the city, it will be too little too late.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top