JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at railed 1911s, mostly for a bed side pistol. I have it narrowed down to four,

1. Springfield TRP Operator
2. Springfield Operator
3. Kimber TLE/RL II
4. Colt Rail Gun

The TRP is the most expensive, but I've heard a lot of good things, and I like the looks. The "plain" operator is a little less. I now Kimber has iffy quality nowadays, same with Colt.

Top price range is $1500, what should I buy, and why?

While it seems you are looking at much higher end 1911, have you looked at trying to find a Rock Island Armory 1911 with a rail? They are about 1/3rd the price and fairly solid pistols.

Just a thought.

if your sold on that list, go for the TRP. Its suppose to be a slightly downgraded version of the pistol they do for the FBI. Plus, it always gets very high reviews. I think Collion Noir did a review of it and he liked it alot.

Last Edited:
I've had good luck with my Kimbers so far (my newest Kimber is from 2010) and oldest from 2002 so I personally lean towards the Kimber myself.

While it seems you are looking at much higher end 1911, have you looked at trying to find a Rock Island Armory 1911 with a rail? They are about 1/3rd the price and fairly solid pistols.

Just a thought.
:s0140::s0113:
Uhh,my TRP isn't quite considered 'high end' even at a $1500 msrp. High end would cost you around the 5k mark or more
Anyway,redneck,Any of the Springfields would serve you very well. I had the Range Officer and the loaded and now have the TRP. All 3 are great guns.I have held the 'high end ' guns and never saw what the other 2k bought
Some like to hate on Kimbers but the make a nice 1911 that are most of the time plenty accurate.
I have never shot the newer colts but since they just folded,I would be very wary buying their products
And really,for the $500 mark,the Armscor guns ain't bad,but are made over seas

Thanks for the replies. I've looked at the Dan Wessons, and they are awesome, but I think a little over my price range. The Sig is nice too, but I don't like that it's not in "true" 1911 form, with the external extractor (same with S&W).

Yes... Even though a sig is not a true 1911, but IMO it's the best railed 1911 for the price. I also have the tac ops and a trp. Both are tac drivers. I prefer the sig because it had a traditional bushing and is easier to field strip. If u end up going with the trp, that will be the last 1911 you'll ever need.

I have a Springfield Lightweight Champion Operator Commander length. It has a rail, and is the most accurate 1911 I have ever shot, even better than the other 2 1911s I have owned (Springfield Ultra Compact, Taurus PT1911ALR).

Springfield makes them in Government and Commander models. I picked mine up from a dealer in UTAH for $929. This is one that is actually made in USA.

Best handgun purchase I have made, so far.....

Here is a pic of what I have from Springfield's website:

PX9115LP_1200x7822.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes, and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

:s0140::s0113:
Uhh,my TRP isn't quite considered 'high end' even at a $1500 msrp. High end would cost you around the 5k mark or more
Anyway,redneck,Any of the Springfields would serve you very well. I had the Range Officer and the loaded and now have the TRP. All 3 are great guns.I have held the 'high end ' guns and never saw what the other 2k bought
Some like to hate on Kimbers but the make a nice 1911 that are most of the time plenty accurate.
I have never shot the newer colts but since they just folded,I would be very wary buying their products
And really,for the $500 mark,the Armscor guns ain't bad,but are made over seas

Colt has not really "Folded" They declared bankruptcy with their government side and got a loan to keep the civil side afloat. I don't think their 1911s suffered from all that.

Just the same another vote for TRP

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads