JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at railed 1911s, mostly for a bed side pistol. I have it narrowed down to four,

1. Springfield TRP Operator
2. Springfield Operator
3. Kimber TLE/RL II
4. Colt Rail Gun

The TRP is the most expensive, but I've heard a lot of good things, and I like the looks. The "plain" operator is a little less. I now Kimber has iffy quality nowadays, same with Colt.

Top price range is $1500, what should I buy, and why?

While it seems you are looking at much higher end 1911, have you looked at trying to find a Rock Island Armory 1911 with a rail? They are about 1/3rd the price and fairly solid pistols.

Just a thought.

if your sold on that list, go for the TRP. Its suppose to be a slightly downgraded version of the pistol they do for the FBI. Plus, it always gets very high reviews. I think Collion Noir did a review of it and he liked it alot.

Last Edited:
I've had good luck with my Kimbers so far (my newest Kimber is from 2010) and oldest from 2002 so I personally lean towards the Kimber myself.

While it seems you are looking at much higher end 1911, have you looked at trying to find a Rock Island Armory 1911 with a rail? They are about 1/3rd the price and fairly solid pistols.

Just a thought.
:s0140::s0113:
Uhh,my TRP isn't quite considered 'high end' even at a $1500 msrp. High end would cost you around the 5k mark or more
Anyway,redneck,Any of the Springfields would serve you very well. I had the Range Officer and the loaded and now have the TRP. All 3 are great guns.I have held the 'high end ' guns and never saw what the other 2k bought
Some like to hate on Kimbers but the make a nice 1911 that are most of the time plenty accurate.
I have never shot the newer colts but since they just folded,I would be very wary buying their products
And really,for the $500 mark,the Armscor guns ain't bad,but are made over seas

Thanks for the replies. I've looked at the Dan Wessons, and they are awesome, but I think a little over my price range. The Sig is nice too, but I don't like that it's not in "true" 1911 form, with the external extractor (same with S&W).

Yes... Even though a sig is not a true 1911, but IMO it's the best railed 1911 for the price. I also have the tac ops and a trp. Both are tac drivers. I prefer the sig because it had a traditional bushing and is easier to field strip. If u end up going with the trp, that will be the last 1911 you'll ever need.

I have a Springfield Lightweight Champion Operator Commander length. It has a rail, and is the most accurate 1911 I have ever shot, even better than the other 2 1911s I have owned (Springfield Ultra Compact, Taurus PT1911ALR).

Springfield makes them in Government and Commander models. I picked mine up from a dealer in UTAH for $929. This is one that is actually made in USA.

Best handgun purchase I have made, so far.....

Here is a pic of what I have from Springfield's website:

PX9115LP_1200x7822.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes, and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

:s0140::s0113:
Uhh,my TRP isn't quite considered 'high end' even at a $1500 msrp. High end would cost you around the 5k mark or more
Anyway,redneck,Any of the Springfields would serve you very well. I had the Range Officer and the loaded and now have the TRP. All 3 are great guns.I have held the 'high end ' guns and never saw what the other 2k bought
Some like to hate on Kimbers but the make a nice 1911 that are most of the time plenty accurate.
I have never shot the newer colts but since they just folded,I would be very wary buying their products
And really,for the $500 mark,the Armscor guns ain't bad,but are made over seas

Colt has not really "Folded" They declared bankruptcy with their government side and got a loan to keep the civil side afloat. I don't think their 1911s suffered from all that.

Just the same another vote for TRP

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top