JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When I bought My Ruger 10/22 it came with a viridian eon 3-9x40 scope. I don't know if the rail came with the rifle or the scope. I'm trying to find an offset scope mount for ruger 10/22. I went on amazon and found one saying it fit weaver rails. I thought I had weaver rails. It didn't fit. I returned it. Can anyone tell me how I can get one that works on my ruger?

The clamp at the bottom of the rings doesn't reach far enough down to clamp to the sides of the rail. There's a hump in the middle of the rail that keeps it up too high to latch on.

When I bought My Ruger 10/22 it came with a viridian eon 3-9x40 scope. I don't know if the rail came with the rifle or the scope. I'm trying to find an offset scope mount for ruger 10/22. I went on amazon and found one saying it fit weaver rails. I thought I had weaver rails. It didn't fit. I returned it. Can anyone tell me how I can get one that works on my ruger?
I did not know if they were still doing this. LONG ago last 10/22's I bought came with a rail that is NOT 1913. Ruger seemed to be using a rail that was different than everyone else's for some reason. Fix was simple, I just searched for 1913 rail for Ruger 10/22 and found some. Just looked at Amazon and they are offering rails to fit the 10/22 in both Weaver and 1913. I never have understood why Ruger decided to use something out of the "standard" like they do.

Buy some new rings and a base.
Here's a shot of how I outfit my 10-22's below.

31322D8E-F138-4CF8-92D1-B855499A386D.jpeg

Last Edited:
The clamp at the bottom of the rings doesn't reach far enough down to clamp to the sides of the rail. There's a hump in the middle of the rail that keeps it up too high to latch on.
Is it the cross bolt on the rings interfering with that 'hump' in the middle of your rail? If so, an easy fix is to mark the interference and make a groove across that rail with the edge of a small flat file. I've done it a few times.

I did not know if they were still doing this. LONG ago last 10/22's I bought came with a rail that is NOT 1913. Ruger seemed to be using a rail that was different than everyone else's for some reason. Fix was simple, I just searched for 1913 rail for Ruger 10/22 and found some. Just looked at Amazon and they are offering rails to fit the 10/22 in both Weaver and 1913. I never have understood why Ruger decided to use something out of the "standard" like they do.

Doesn't really answer your question, but I got a set of these and lost the rail on my 10-22. Got a Nikon 3-9X on there, works great.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top