JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"I see nothing permanent in the society around me, and am not quite committed to any of its ways." Henry David Thoreau, Journal, 1850.

I've been trying to reduce my consumerism and reduce the amount of distractions in my life. (There is some irony here as I'm now on my phone typing an unnecessary post.). I thought that the quote above was worth sharing given the current termoil in the world, and the direction many of us see as unwise.

I'm trying, not without self-inflicted setbacks, to reduce my physical clutter, the number of items I own, and to set a more healthy example for my kids. Let go of a portion of my daily screen time and errands, and use that time for backyard baseball. Avoid reading the news so often.
"The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go."
Steve Maraboli

There's really no point to this post; I thought the quotes were interesting and wanted to share.

"I see nothing permanent in the society around me, and am not quite committed to any of its ways." Henry David Thoreau, Journal, 1850.

I've been trying to reduce my consumerism and reduce the amount of distractions in my life. (There is some irony here as I'm now on my phone typing an unnecessary post.). I thought that the quote above was worth sharing given the current termoil in the world, and the direction many of us see as unwise.

I'm trying, not without self-inflicted setbacks, to reduce my physical clutter, the number of items I own, and to set a more healthy example for my kids. Let go of a portion of my daily screen time and errands, and use that time for backyard baseball. Avoid reading the news so often.
"The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go."
Steve Maraboli

There's really no point to this post; I thought the quotes were interesting and wanted to share.

Hello,

I can relate to this post a lot. (I do not have children. I am a senior citizen - 70 years old too.)

Thoreau is one of my favorite authors too.

LESS IS MORE in so many, many ways.

Take care.

Sincerely,

Cate

Spartan
Minimalist

Don't own anything you do not find useful or beautiful.
Art is OK. Clutter not.

Life does not have to be complicated; complication in our lives is self-created.
I'm a sucker for simplicity.
I like to make decisions in advance; I like to have a plan of action.
It eliminates the guess-work and the bullbubblegum.
I like black and white.
A simple (Spartan) life is a content and enjoyable life.

I'm waiting on a couple made-to-order (but not custom) guns. One of my motivations is to sell more of my average guns to make room for the incoming. I continue to desire the incoming rifles because they are higher quality and will serve various purposes for a long time. Fewer guns that each are actually carried or taken to the range are my goal. I'm actually glad that I now have all of the unused space in my safe and could downsize it. A lightweight 20 gauge (preferably older/classic/C&R) to teach the kids to shoot trap is about the only remaining role to be filled.

"Most of the luxuries, and many of the so-called comforts of life, are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind." Thoreau

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top