JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thanks for having me. A short intro: I grew up with firearms. Shot my first .22 bolt action rifle at age 9 (not that young I know) and by age 11 I was allowed to take it shooting by myself unsupervised. We had property. After I finished school I started a business and had no time for shooting. No guns for 30 years. But 6 years ago I picked it up again. Much fun. I still have not found my perfect gun, so I keep getting new ones. ;-)

I am passionate about safety. I believe in teaching safe gun handling to kids early on (my dad kept his rifle in the closet and the pistol in the night stand)- not necessarily to make them early shooters, but to make them knowledgeable if they come across a firearm. My kids are not overly interested but they know how to clear a gun and if they want to shoot one it's not a forbidden fruit - they can always ask me and I will take them. I also like to hold gun safe manufacturers to the fire. Over the years I have come across many "safes" that were not safe at all. Many can be opened with easy to follow "instructions" available on YouTube.

Also passionate about the Constitution, including but not limited to the 2nd. I am from Europe, originally, but a citizen now, not only because I have lived here for almost 20 years, but because I think our Constitution is unique. Wish our own politicians had to take the civic test immigrants have to pass. Needless to say I admire Sheriffs such as http://county.milwaukee.gov/OfficeoftheSheriff7719.htm - controversial but genuine, I think.

There you have it. Thanks again, and looking forward to productive exchanges.

Oops (it was late)... BTW- welcome to the forum! I appreciate your recognition of the fantastic uniqueness of the U.S. Constitution for the instrument of Liberty that it is. I wish native-born citizens would be so keen and not take it for granted.

Europe's loss, our gain. ;)

Thanks for the compliment. Agreed on the "taking for granted". In my humble opinion, it's even worse, many don't understand the value & purpose and are actively undermining it. We allowed it to happen by allowing the feds to collect that much tax and thereby funding our own demise - if we don't watch it. The feds have no business in our school system but yet they managed to exert a lot of influence by holding up the funding/grant carrot. Same is true for the GFSZA. It was unconstitutional until Janet Reno put in the "commerce clause", which in my mind is an act of bad faith. If you want to ban guns from schools for the purpose of safety of students, it really does not matter whether the firearms in question have traveled interstate borders or not. A locally produced gun is just as dangerous. The only reason the commerce clause was inserted was to circumvent the intent of the Constitution, that is leaving it up to the States to handle. You can add a "commerce clause" to many many other laws and thereby disenfranchising State sovereignty on constitutional rights. There is a proper way to change the Constitution. If you can't find the required majority to vote for such change, you need to live with it. Just my 2 cents.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top