Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Question from New Member:Why are their so many closed and expired posts on this site?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dtanderson, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Dtanderson

Dtanderson Redmond New Member

I just found out about this site from a member of SeattleGuns.net. You seem to have a larger following and a lot of great content but searching your for sale postings is difficult at best. There is a ton of sold and closed items that are still hanging around and it wastes a lot of time wading through the crap. Do you have plans to remove all of the old stuff to make your site more user friendly?

Thanks

Derek

2. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

Very good question I look forward to an answer also

3. rsmccsman

rsmccsman Hillsboro Go Blazers!

If the ad is closed when sold at least then you can tell not to waste your time. Its the ones that never close their ads once sold that bother me.

Nightshade and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Closed ads can be a good resource to see what things sell for.

5. Dtanderson

Something that sold last year is not a good resource.

6. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

That may be true but its better than no point of reference. On the other hand I find it better to see what things have recently actually sold for on GB. If the ad system here were up to me and people wanted to keep the older stuff available for viewing I would have the locked threads be segregated to the bottom of the listings in chronological order or have them auto delete after a year or two.

7. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome to NWFA. The main reason we keep that information around is for search engine indexing, which brings in much of our traffic. It's also useful for a historical reference of prices.

8. DK47

DK47 Beaverton, OR Member

Welcome to the site, I personally like seeing and comparing prices. The search engine indexing is a good point too..

9. Dtanderson

Then why not move it into an expired or close section that others can look at if they want. I agree that Gunbroker is the best place to find current market pricing on inventory.