JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would this fitting thread into buffer tube threads on AR15 lower receiver? If so where could I find these locally (westside preferably). Any other ideas on plug that would have the right thread pattern and would be available at homedepot, lowes?

Edit need plug like this but larger

Supposedly the thread pattern of extension tube threads are:

Edit: 1 3/16-16 UN-3B SPECIAL

Major D 1,1875 MIN
Pitch D 1.1461/1.1519 SPECIAL
Minor D 1.1200/ 1.1283

Last Edited:
Ah our English system. That thread is 13/16" or .8125" OD, but the AR buffer tube thread is 1 3/16", or 1.1875" OD. There is a space in the buffer tube thread pitch between the 1 and the 3. If you can find a 1.1875"-16 threaded fitting it will screw into your lower.

Ah our English system. That thread is 13/16" or .8125" OD, but the AR buffer tube thread is 1 3/16", or 1.1875" OD. There is a space in the buffer tube thread pitch between the 1 and the 3. If you can find a 1.1875"-16 threaded fitting it will screw into your lower.
I caught that after posting, any idea where I might find that locally? For $20 plus shipping I think I can order a cap from Spikes Tactical:

A-1 Coupling in Tualatin on Tualatin/Sherwood Road has everything fitting-wise you can imagine.
Depending on how good of a thread fit you need a 30mm-1.5 fitting might work. It is very close to 1 3/16-16. it looks like the standard pitch for 1 3/16" is 12 TPI.

Last Edited:
I just found this member had some I am going to message them and if that doesn't pan out I will try A-1. Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top