JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Keep the 90's Python or sell and order another 1911

• Keep the Stainless Python

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Still the Python and order a custom Wilson Combat 1911

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sell the python, pick up a Colt SAA

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
I've got a 90's stainless 6" Python that I haven't bothered to shoot yet, should I keep it or still her and get another 1911? Think Wilson Combat Government model in color case hardening.

IMG_20181126_195857938.jpg

Last Edited:
If you think of future values then which will be worth more? If you think about tools then revolvers are obsolete for battle and now just hunting guns. Can you get the Colt repaired if it breaks?

I've got a 90's stainless 6" Python that I haven't bothered to shoot yet,
Well, I don't know how long 'yet' has been but if you haven't shot it then is it something you really aren't interested in?

IF that is the case and it's just going to be a safe queen then maybe move it along and get something you ARE interested in and will shoot! - such as the Wison.

If it were a Mod 27 or 28 Smith I'd really be twisting your arm to sell (as I want one of them) but I am sure the Colt would go quickly !

Well, I don't know how long 'yet' has been but if you haven't shot it then is it something you really aren't interested in?
I traded a mutt 1942 M1 about 6 years ago while I was in Hawaii. I put her in storage in a free state 3 years ago, and I still need to go pick her up. I've recently slated my 6" 629 for sale, and I was considering using the python as a hunting gun.

*Edit, I'm going to add a third option, Colt SAA in 45LC as a possible new toy.

Really depends on what you want out of the Python. If the funds are for investment, I don't see the WC 1911 appreciating like the Python will continue to do. The Python should bring in enough revenue to consider an original, first gen Colt SAA on the low end of the condition spectrum depending on date of manufacture or a prestine example of a 2nd gen or one of the new production with money leftover. Original production Python's are still coveted even with the new generation being manufactured. There will never be anymore Python's manufactured by the original Colt so if you decide you want an original again in the future, you will be paying a premium most likely.

I would vote to keep the Python but I have a soft spot for them and already have the other items you are considering.

I've got a 90's stainless 6" Python that I haven't bothered to shoot yet, should I keep it or still her and get another 1911? Think Wilson Combat Government model in color case hardening.
Your Python will always be an easy sell, get your WC, and if you are ever hurting for cash then sell it.

I love my Colt SAA guns even though they are not 1st generation. I gave up Pythons years ago and settled on single actions in revolvers. I won't give up my 1911s as I have a long history of being happy with them. I thought about buying a new Python because it would have Colt support in keeping it running but then Colt went under.

Wilson probably makes some of the best guns on all of today's offerings. If I bought the 1911 then I would buy his spare parts kits too. You would hate to have the gun go down and send it back and wait for repair. Wilson is busy because they make great guns but unfortunately everything has a chance of breaking. Heck buy two Wilson's just to be sure.

Wilson probably makes some of the best guns on all of today's offerings. If I bought the 1911 then I would buy his spare parts kits too. You would hate to have the gun go down and send it back and wait for repair. Wilson is busy because they make great guns but unfortunately everything has a chance of breaking. Heck buy two Wilson's just to be sure.
I've currently got a CQB Compact in Turnbull blue on order.

*Edit* My other 1911 is a Colt 1991 that was completely overhauled by Wilson Combat.

IMG_20181126_195807512.jpg

I've currently got a CQB Compact in Turnbull blue on order.
In my opinion Wilson is the best today and if you are a shooter then you won't be unhappy with it. I ponder buying one but I don't like ordering guns. Big money means I have to have it in my hands before I buy. It isn't about trust but making sure I see the value.

Good luck on your new Wilson, great guns for sure.

In my opinion Wilson is the best today and if you are a shooter then you won't be unhappy with it. I ponder buying one but I don't like ordering guns. Big money means I have to have it in my hands before I buy. It isn't about trust but making sure I see the value.

Good luck on your new Wilson, great guns for sure.
I'm almost three months into my 10-12 month wait. I just received my Mitch Rosen holster for carry.

IMG_20211117_142637990_HDR.jpg

Great guns deserve great leather holsters, that's beautiful.

Long before Milt Sparks died I went to his shop in Idaho and bought a great leather holsters from him. It's still as good as ever even with many miles or wearing it and using it in IPSC competitions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top