JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw these on the North Fork Wolf Creek update thread and had to have some. So I made up a materials list, went shopping and put some stands together.

The last piece to put on is the backer board to staple the targets to. I found some 4' x 8' sheets of corrugated plastic sign board and will cut it into 4 - 2' x 4' pieces and attach them to the wood uprights.

I glued the bottom tubes and tees together and the crossbars and those tees, then I will fit it all together when assembling the stands.

I drilled through the uprights at the top and bottom with some 3" deck screws and will just pop on the backer board, then pop it off when its time to break down the stands. I also drilled a hole through the bottom supports in order to spike the stands in place.

02%20Target%20Stand_zpsrn0jtehu.jpg

Nice job & ingenuity there SA Shooter.;)

I seem to have a never-ending supply of 2x4 stock, I never buy it so where does it come from???:eek::eek::eek:ooo

Any who, I build my target stands simply by cutting two lengths, 1) 20" cross piece & 2) 24" legs. Screwing the legs to the cross piece and add in 2) 36-48" uprights to staple cardboard to. Simple & cheap....;)
20171014_135341.jpg

I saw these on the North Fork Wolf Creek update thread and had to have some. So I made up a materials list, went shopping and put some stands together.

The last piece to put on is the backer board to staple the targets to. I found some 4' x 8' sheets of corrugated plastic sign board and will cut it into 4 - 2' x 4' pieces and attach them to the wood uprights.

I glued the bottom tubes and tees together and the crossbars and those tees, then I will fit it all together when assembling the stands.

I drilled through the uprights at the top and bottom with some 3" deck screws and will just pop on the backer board, then pop it off when its time to break down the stands. I also drilled a hole through the bottom supports in order to spike the stands in place.

View attachment 413872

Nice I like that. Looks like it would make a great way to make a couple to carry to a shooting spot.

Looks great, what is the cost each when added up?

I spent a total of $82 so that's $20.50 each.

Nice job & ingenuity there SA Shooter.;)

I know, right? :D I wanted something I could break down and put in a large duffle so I took the PVC approach. I really thought hard about using 2x2 & 2x4 wood.

Nice I like that. Looks like it would make a great way to make a couple to carry to a shooting spot.

Yup...Easy to break down for packing in and out of outdoor shooting areas but stable enough not to fall over the moment you turn your back or put a round through 'em.

Nice.
I made some similar out of 2" pipe. I put the cross brace on the bottom at one end so I can fold the legs down and stack a few in the back if I get stuck with the mom mobile. Drilled a half inch hole through the legs at an angle and use some long spikes to stick them to the ground when it's windy.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews