JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this contagion continues, FFLs who depleted inventories are going to have a more difficult time restocking their racks. This will be another unnecessary obstacle impeding their path to post Measure 114 adaption.
I highly doubt that. As far as I know... FFL's don't stock inventory from retailers (like PSA, et al) at retail pricing for resale. They use distributors or enter into dealer agreements directly with the mfg's.

As such... none of these order/ship restrictions for end buyers will have any impact on gun shops ability to restock their shelves.

I highly doubt that. As far as I know... FFL's don't stock inventory from retailers (like PSA, et al) at retail pricing for resale. They use distributors or enter into dealer agreements directly with the mfg's.

As such... none of these order/ship restrictions for end buyers will have any impact on gun shops ability to restock their shelves.
As I said, if the contagion continues it won't stop at retailers. Wholesalers can just as easily jump on board the ban wagon.

I don't understand why so many are so quick to defend these companies who unnecessarily cut us off.

I am pro business but you may notice that I am helping out a local business that is using legal remedies available to them/us (3 day rule) to get as many firearms as possible into the hands of their customers. Those who refused to do so are dead to me.

Last Edited:
As I said, if the contagion continues it won't stop at retailers. Wholesalers can just as easily jump on board the ban wagon.
I guess it's possible, but there is not reason for them to cut off FFL that don't require a purchase permit to sell to. We do... so selling to "us"... it's understandable why they don't want to ship firearms that will result in having to pay for shipping, return shipping and full refund to the customer.

Unless I'm missing something(?)

I don't understand why so many are so quick to defend these companies who unnecessarily cut us off.
🤣 It's not as if they are doing someting wrong and I am "defending" them... just stating facts. If it's not possible or highly unlikely that their goods will be able to reach their customers in time to complete their transactions by a certain date, and will ultimately cost them a chunk of change with no return in the process, why is it so difficult to accept that it's only common sense that they would implement an order cut off date?

If you stop and think about it, using the same rationale, the same could be said for OR FFL's. Why are they limiting certain types of transactions before the enactment date... while it was still possible to get firearms in for transfers, retailers where still willing to ship and people where plenty able to meet up for P2P transfers?

I'm not knocking it that they did and don't think they are doing anything wrong either. They have to be practical about what volume they can handle and it makes common sense that they imposed those limits when they did. Just like retailer purchase cut-offs.

Even Santa has a cut off date for presents to arrive on time for the kiddies, right? ;)

Last Edited:
Because it makes complete and total business sense for them to do so.

First, these companies ship. And the firearm they ship may or may not get here by the deadline. Even if the firearm does arrive by the deadline, then there's still the matter of the BGC clearing in time. Because of these factors there's a very high likelihood that any company shipping as of yesterday won't be able to get their firearms into the hands of their customers by the deadline.

And after we reach that deadline, without injunctive relief or a permitting process in place, those firearms could potentially be in limbo/purgatory for months. What will happen then? A bunch of people will get tired of waiting and want refunds. Which in various ways could be its own separate mess. Even worse, if there are any problems or delays with shipping the guns back to those retailers (or even if there aren't any problems in that specific regard), a certain percentage of completely unreasonable customers will then start blaming the retailer for any and all problems that customer has encountered. (I've been in the gun-owning community for more than 30 years. During that time I've learned that we unfortunately have some very er, um, uh..."special" people amongst us. Sadly, purely emotion-based reactions and blame-shifting are not uncommon attributes in our community.)

In other words, these retailers are making prudent & reasonable shipping decisions based on the facts as they currently stand. You have the right to be angry, but I think your anger is being directed at the wrong people.

Because it makes complete and total business sense for them to do so.

First, these companies ship. And the firearm they ship may or may not get here by the deadline. Even if the firearm does arrive by the deadline, then there's still the matter of the BGC clearing in time. Because of these factors there's a very high likelihood that any company shipping as of yesterday won't be able to get their firearms into the hands of their customers by the deadline.

And after we reach that deadline, without injunctive relief or a permitting process in place, those firearms could potentially be in limbo/purgatory for months. What will happen then? A bunch of people will get tired of waiting and want refunds. Which in various ways could be its own separate mess. Even worse, if there are any problems or delays with shipping the guns back to those retailers (or even if there aren't any problems in that specific regard), a certain percentage of completely unreasonable customers will then start blaming the retailer for any and all problems that customer has encountered. (I've been in the gun-owning community for more than 30 years. During that time I've learned that we unfortunately have some very er, um, uh..."special" people amongst us. Sadly, purely emotion-based reactions and blame-shifting are not uncommon attributes in our community.)

In other words, these retailers are making prudent & reasonable shipping decisions based on the facts as they currently stand. You have the right to be angry, but I think your anger is being directed at the wrong people.
You are correct. My BIL and I were discussing how this would impact gun sales weeks ago and he predicted sellers would stop sales to prevent returns.

You are correct. My BIL and I were discussing how this would impact gun sales weeks ago and he predicted sellers would stop sales to prevent returns.
Portland area buyers might try contacting a WA FFL. I suggest you start with a "local resource" from here on the site. MTS GUNSMITHITHING in Vancouver. Give him a call and see what he can do for you. I believe he can't do handguns or AR pistols, but long guns are OK, I think?

Jesus H Christ, guys, it's just PSA lowers you're mad about and you should have a dozen or more anyway by now. AND it's only temporary. You can buy them again as soon as you have your permission slip, assuming the lawsuit fails. Take a Midol and whatever heart meds you're on and chill. Take a walk around the park. Get off the internet for a day.

Portland area buyers might try contacting a WA FFL. I suggest you start with a "local resource" from here on the site. MTS GUNSMITHITHING in Vancouver. Give him a call and see what he can do for you. I believe he can't do handguns or AR pistols, but long guns are OK, I think?
Longguns are ok cross state lines for sure. Check with a WA FFL.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top