JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think they are confused with what is being banned.

mSVKQvY.png

More like their way of ensuring anything that ships gets there before the 7th.

Not the only shop lately either. I saw a great deal on lowers but…

I would imagine they taking precaution against the possibility of 100s + firearm orders getting stuck in limbo due to lack of /non existent permitting process and the subsequent misplaced anger of those customers.

I would imagine they taking precaution against the possibility of 100s + firearm orders getting stuck in limbo due to lack of /non existent permitting process and the subsequent misplaced anger of those customers.
And to prevent said customers from trying to return back to PSA. Unfortunate, but not a bad business decision by PSA.

May also enhance local gun dealers' "damages"/harm, by alleging that now they can't even get firearms shipped to them, much less sell anything because the extra special secret permit system doesn't yet exist

We will seee a lot of this from all online stores. We dont even know the full effect of 114 yet. they will see the dust settle and then figure out what they can ship. it would be a nightmare to have guns paid for and start to ship and cant deliver. Having a bunch of pissed off customers you have to refund money is never fun.

Great, what a cluster fudge. Oregon is now going to join the leper colonies because firearm businesses are too lazy to read the law. Buckle up butter cups it's going to get bumpy.
I think they understand to position/law were in very well. I don't blame them one bit. I blame the politicians and voters of Oregon. Without a process for transferring firearms in place it is just smart business for the time being.

I ordered a PSA lower Sunday 11/20 and it got here this Monday. I ordered 2 Dagger lowers Wednesday morning 11/23 and they did not ship until last night. UPS status is DELAYED.

Not going to make it by the 7th, so it will cost me another transfer fee after the 8th IF we win an injunction tomorrow.

Their website right now says it may take 7-10 business days to ship out anything serialized. But apparently tonight's the cutoff to order, and my assumption is they'll be expediting even firearm shipments to Oregon before (if) the iron curtain falls.

It doesn't seem like they are confused. That specifies "firearms" and not other non-firearm items (uppers, parts, mags, ammo, etc.).

Did they halt ALL orders?
They are confused because sales of firearms are not banned under Measure 114. Transfer requirements are changing but that is for the receiving FFLs to deal with. Once the permit to purchase program is implemented the first FFL that will need to see that permit will be the receiving FFL.

They are confused because sales of firearms are not banned under Measure 114. Transfer requirements are changing but that is for the receiving FFLs to deal with. Once the permit to purchase program is implemented the first FFL that will need to see that permit will be the receiving FFL.
Gotcha. From the OP I read, "...confused with what is being banned." as "what is", not "when is". My bad! ;)

I agree with others that they, like so many others, are halting sales prior to the enactment simply because there is no way for those firearms to arrive prior to the enactement and would be unable to complete the transaction. No point selling and shipping out merch that's gonna bounce, come back and need to be refunded.

If this contagion continues, FFLs who depleted inventories are going to have a more difficult time restocking their racks. This will be another unnecessary obstacle impeding their path to post Measure 114 adaption.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top