JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kentucky ballistics was using safety gear when that .50 nearly killed him. You're literally containing 30-60k psi or attempting to, in a small steel tube and the consequences of failing to do so can be disfiguring or even lethal. It is not "you" people are criticizing, it is your ideas that border on stupidity at times. You've been successful so far. You will not continue to enjoy that same success forever at the rate your ideas are increasing in absurdity and danger. It wouldn't surprise me if down the line you homemaker a pipe bomb bullpup, complete with fuse, and try to shoulder fire it
Maybe I spend too much time on youtube but many of my ideas are based on projects, reloading methods, etc that youtubers have completed and fired. Doesn't mean they're all safe but I am not breaking new ground on most of these projects.

A bullet in a loaded cartridge is only slightly different than a bomb. A bomb does not have a pressure escape, and completely ruptures spewing shrapnel everywhere.

A loaded cartridge has a pressure escape, this propelling a bullet out the barrel at a high velocity. A bullet that is not propelled down the barrel is a bomb. Firing anything into a squib will likely yield catastrophic injuries.

I have broken numerous bones, and I also have three dental implants from doing a 360 on skis. I can ski backwards faster and more in control than most can ski forwards. I will vehemently argue that me doing a 360 on skis is safer than some of the things that you would like to try/plan on trying.
RIP Sonny Bono

Maybe I spend too much time on youtube but many of my ideas are based on projects, reloading methods, etc that youtubers have completed and fired. Doesn't mean they're all safe but I am not breaking new ground on most of these projects.
traditiondemotivator.jpeg

Often things are mentioned or done....That does not mean that they are safe to do so.

A well respected muzzle loading enthusiast and cartridge inventor...*
Once published loading data where he mixed small amounts of smokeless powder with his blackpowder , to shoot in his antique muzzle loaders.

He did this often and it worked...for him....is it a good idea to do so ....NO.
No matter who did it...wrote about it....some things just should not be done.

It is important to use the firearms and ammo for them , in the manner for which they were designed for.
Andy

*Ned Roberts..of the .257 Roberts fame.

Last Edited:
A bullet in a loaded cartridge is only slightly different than a bomb. A bomb does not have a pressure escape, and completely ruptures spewing shrapnel everywhere.

A loaded cartridge has a pressure escape, this propelling a bullet out the barrel at a high velocity. A bullet that is not propelled down the barrel is a bomb. Firing anything into a squib will likely yield catastrophic injuries.

I have broken numerous bones, and I also have three dental implants from doing a 360 on skis. I can ski backwards faster and more in control than most can ski forwards. I will vehemently argue that me doing a 360 on skis is safer than some of the things that you would like to try/plan on trying.
They don't always go kaboom.

1658773317348.png

I'm not sure if this section is member only, but I recommend not opening the ideas to the public.
Squashing the free flow of ideas? I seem to recall of Authoritarians doing that.

I hope we don't turn into another ifish.

Maybe Nina Jankowicz could join NWFA as a mod.

Regarding the "Free flow of Ideas"....

You are free to post as you wish....as long as those postings are in line with NWFA rules.

Something to consider here is Rule #3 with :
"Content that violates the known laws of physics"
"Content which is deemed totally implausible".

Andy

As adults I think we can decide what activities, projects, etc we want to engage in. Once again authoritarians in the past have deemed some opinions dangerous.
As a public forum, kids and those that can't determine what is safe, or how to safely attempt "new ideas" have full access. You have already indicated that many of your "ideas" are based on videos that you have seen, or forum posts. As a firearm forum, dedicated to safe firearm ownership, I'm not entirely sure that we as a community should be spreading the ideas that "trial and error" is a safe and responsible means of operating a firearm.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

What I don't appreciate is the comments towards those of us that put safety first. Like somehow we are all giant pussies because we don't think homemade shoulder fired fuse lit pipe bombs are a good way to spend our time.

Just because you can hot glue and duct tape some parts together doesn't make you some badazz tough guy adrenaline junkie. Sorry, but taking all those risks doesn't make any of us think you are the next John Wick.
What's your opinion on manual safeties?

As a public forum, kids and those that can't determine what is safe, or how to safely attempt "new ideas" have full access. You have already indicated that many of your "ideas" are based on videos that you have seen, or forum posts. As a firearm forum, dedicated to safe firearm ownership, I'm not entirely sure that we as a community should be spreading the ideas that "trial and error" is a safe and responsible means of operating a firearm.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
Damn right. This is a family friendly forum where shooters of all ages and experience levels are welcome.

Last Edited:
Shooting a gun is dangerous enough. We really shouldn't be advocating "ideas" that can make our hobbies more dangerous.

We're shooting guns with bombs in the chamber hoping that the pressure curve will allow for the bullet to be propelled forward, or we don't have a squib, and our next round is going to be shot into a bullet lodged into our barrels while shooting doubles.

Over half of the forum members carry a loaded gun on a daily basis where safety is paramount. One distraction, and we're on the news for leaving our gun on the back of a toilet in a public restroom (I personally don't unholster my gun while on the throne).

Last Edited:
Squashing the free flow of ideas? I seem to recall of Authoritarians doing that.

I hope we don't turn into another ifish.

Maybe Nina Jankowicz could join NWFA as a mod.

NWFA isn't a government or otherwise. 1st Amendment rights don't count on privately owned websites/forums.

Your comparison is insulting and your sarcasm and negativity towards NWFA continues to flow.

That's the last time I go to bat for a member for their own section.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews