JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im about to pick up a PA10, Im a budget oriented person.. So if it works but isnt a tack driver that doesn't necessarily bother me. I simply need it to function reliably in order to fulfill a lustful collection purpose.

Anyone that has owned or currently owns a PSA-PA10 Im seeking helpful info. Only interested in the PA10 at the moment:

*Is it better to have a flat top grip, i.e. no beavertail backstrap? I heard the grip back straps/ beavertail just stick out and dont form fit around the receiver like they do on standard AR15 receivers. Wondering which grips work well. Im looking at an Ergo Deluxe model.

*What mags worked best. Ive got a stock of .308 Pmags but was looking at some aluminum mags as well since Im not a 100% polymer guy.. curious what brands worked best for you?

*Any FCG not fit?
Best trigger replacements that DO fit?

Any other helpful info?

Thanks in advance, looking to pick this rifle up by the end of the week, just curious what Ive got myself into. Reviews are all over the place.. then again.. the internet ALWAYS has that problem.

I have one, have had it almost a year and haven't had any issues with it. I did change out the trigger, bolt carrier, muzzle device and charging handle, but only did so because i can never leave anything in its stock form. Mine shoots just over moa. Pmags work great with it.

The Gen 3 PA-10 lower doesn't accept stock M118 pmags. You have to whittle off some of the polymer on the back of the magazine where it makes contact with the rear area of the magwell. It's an easy mod if you're skilled with a pocket knife. There's a youtube video that will show you how to do it.

Last Edited:
Lancer mag did not work in mine, Pmags are great.

I put a Geissele Automatics SSA-E in mine. I like it, works great.

The only problem I had was a known issue on the Gen 2, the gas block was too low to the bore so it made the carrier key bind up slightly on the gas tube.
That was fine because I wanted an adjustable regulator for suppressed use anyway. I went with SLR.

Lancer mag did not work in mine, Pmags are great.

I put a Geissele Automatics SSA-E in mine. I like it, works great.

The only problem I had was a known issue on the Gen 2, the gas block was too low to the bore so it made the carrier key bind up slightly on the gas tube.
That was fine because I wanted an adjustable regulator for suppressed use anyway. I went with SLR.
Nice, And thank you for the info. I was eyeing the lancers but the (308 version) price tag staved me off. I have hex mags from the buyer. Quite thick, they dont insert or extract easy but some sanding can fix that.
Did you try D&H steel mags at all? That is my next focus.

Also, My gen 2 lowers previous owner mentioned its over gassed, seems to be since the BCG is slamming into the receiver.. that or the buffer tube depth is one rotation too far and needs to be notched and rotated once more. I tossed in a quarter in the buffer tube as a quick fix (as noted on another forum) to add space between the back of the buffer so the BGC can't slam. Ideally Id add a new buffer/spring once the gun funds are up. Have you noticed that problem? Or has the adjustable gas block solved that for your rifle?

I put an Odin adjustable gas block on my AR10 palmetto upper because I found it to be way over gassed, I could have made the BCG heavier, and I still might, but the adjustable gas block made a major difference.

In terms of mags. Magpul 20 or 25 rounders work great, haven't cared to own others.

In terms of grips. I like the magpul MOE + grip on it, it doesn't fit flush like for the AR15, but it doesn't matter to me.

I prefer flat top models without fixed front sights, but user preference varies. I put a larue 2 stage trigger in it and called it a day. My brother in law who lives in Montana also has one and has taken a deer with it, although his typical hunting rifle is a bolt 30-06.

I picked this up right about last Christmas. BTW, it was purchased right off of the classifieds here at NWF.
IMG-5795.jpg

The SS bbl version is built on a 2nd gen lower with a 3rd gen upper. I haven't fired it yet.
The other one (in all blk) is a 2nd gen rifle. It has been fired. Though I still like my M1a better. LOL.

Last pic is of Pmag 20 rd 3rd gen magazines. I picked up a bunch of these from Brownells just before the Coronavirus panic.

IMG-5796.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I picked this up right about last Christmas. BTW, it was purchased right off of the classifieds here at NWF.
View attachment 713223

The SS bbl version is built on a 2nd gen lower with a 3rd gen upper. I haven't fired it yet.
The other one (in all blk) is a 2nd gen rifle. It has been fired. Though I still like my M1a better. LOL.

Last pic is of Pmag 20 rd 3rd gen magazines. I picked up a bunch of these from Brownells just before the Coronavirus panic.

View attachment 713224

Aloha, Mark
Im right there with ya, I enjoy my Socom much more. Seems like this PA10 is going to be a problem child until I sort a few details out.

Did you try D&H steel mags at all? That is my next focus.
Have you noticed that problem? Or has the adjustable gas block solved that for your rifle?
I didn't try the D&H mags.
Yeah mine was way overgassed from the factory and recoiled hard. Lot's of Gas to the face when suppressed.
I only changed out the gas block to an SLR adjustable and it is very nice now. Once you pinch off that gaping hole in the barrel it keeps you from chasing your tail on other things.
ODIN works makes a nice adj. regulator that's around $60. It doesn't play nice with all forends though.

Nate

I bought a PSA Gen 2 lower, then finally a Gen 3 upper with the 18" barrel and adjustable gas block. I've only been to the range once with it due to weather and life, but it ran 100% with P-Mags and showed some promising accuracy.

IMG_20200409_065232628.jpg

I bought a PSA Gen 2 lower, then finally a Gen 3 upper with the 18" barrel and adjustable gas block. I've only been to the range once with it due to weather and life, but it ran 100% with P-Mags and showed some promising accuracy.
Luckily PSA has an adjustable gas block I can mount on my PA10. It looks as if the buffer tube was one rotation short thus the slamming of the BGC into the rear of the receiver. I ordered an A2 stock kit, Ill have to see if these things really are over gassed. Sadly, Info on the PA10 is all over the place due to carbine buffer tubes/stocks being mounted and various gas tube lengths being used.

View attachment 714170

I have a Gen 2 18" Melonite barrel. I put a muzzle brake, LaRue budget 2 stage trigger and replace the buttock with a spare AR15 spec because the PSA stock was too wobbly.

At 50 yds,150gr Perfecta was great. 1/2-1". At 100, I am well over. 2-3" but I have garbage ammo and an unstable platform. Perfecta, whatever that really was, in 308 is a good match. Unfortunately I shoot 100 yds and bellow.

Mine has been very reliable with PMags. I bought another BCG from Delta Team Tactical but the original PSA part was better. If you are just shooting steel or general defense it's a bargin. I would imagine with good ammo it would do much better.

If you are just shooting steel or general defense it's a bargin. I would imagine with good ammo it would do much better.

During the initial break-in session, using cheap Federal cheapo 150gr ammo, I was able to get all rounds touching at 100 yards for one group. I think with further shooting and load development, it will be a very competent 600yd SHTF/battle rifle, which is why I bought it.

@nwslopoke Any experience with over gassing in your PA10? Or by chance do you have an adjustable gas block like @HaveGun
I am in the class of, is this thing running. With cheaper ammo I say mine is ejecting around 3-4 o'clock. Just based on where I'm picking my brass up. I believe if it was over gassed it would be more like 1 o'clock. Is that correct?

I don't have an adjustable gas block and it has whatever buffer PSA ships with. I've shot a friend's M&P 10 with iron sights so I can't compare accuracy. But I don't feel it shot any better.

I am in the class of, is this thing running. With cheaper ammo I say mine is ejecting around 3-4 o'clock. Just based on where I'm picking my brass up. I believe if it was over gassed it would be more like 1 o'clock. Is that correct?

I don't have an adjustable gas block and it has whatever buffer PSA ships with. I've shot a friend's M&P 10 with iron sights so I can't compare accuracy. But I don't feel it shot any better.
I agree, as long as it runs without issue. Should be gtg.

Ive yet to shoot mine but have read the over gassing may cause the bolt to cycle too fast causing extraction issues. Was going to see if you or others have done the after market adjustable gas block swap from PSA. Something Im considering.

Im about to pick up a PA10, Im a budget oriented person.. So if it works but isnt a tack driver that doesn't necessarily bother me. I simply need it to function reliably in order to fulfill a lustful collection purpose.

Anyone that has owned or currently owns a PSA-PA10 Im seeking helpful info. Only interested in the PA10 at the moment:

*Is it better to have a flat top grip, i.e. no beavertail backstrap? I heard the grip back straps/ beavertail just stick out and dont form fit around the receiver like they do on standard AR15 receivers. Wondering which grips work well. Im looking at an Ergo Deluxe model.

*What mags worked best. Ive got a stock of .308 Pmags but was looking at some aluminum mags as well since Im not a 100% polymer guy.. curious what brands worked best for you?

*Any FCG not fit?
Best trigger replacements that DO fit?

Any other helpful info?

Thanks in advance, looking to pick this rifle up by the end of the week, just curious what Ive got myself into. Reviews are all over the place.. then again.. the internet ALWAYS has that problem.

I had one with a sixteen inch stainless barrel. It shot well. I ended up selling it. Bought a new toy, sold that. And the trend continues.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top