JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So Palmetto State Armory is sending me one of their 16" CHF uppers along with a complete Lower Reciever for a Review and a comparison video to other AR-15s they offer.

I was curious if you guys have any questions or anything in particular you would want me to cover in those videos?

For sure I'll be going over Accuracy, Reliability, and its Features.

As Requested here are my socials
YouTube: MFS Media
Facebook: MFS Media
Instagram: MFS Media (@mfs.media) • Instagram photos and videos

Link to upper:

Last Edited:
Even though I own several, many people want to know the obvious things like accuracy, fit-and-finish, and reliability, and also little details like is the gas block pinned/barrel dimpled/thread locked, Is the freefloat rail sharp, accuracy with ball ammo the or steel cased, weight of upper, etc.

So Palmetto State Armory is sending me one of their 16" CHF uppers along with a complete Lower Reciever for a Review and a comparison video to other AR-15s they offer.

I was curious if you guys have any questions or anything in particular you would want me to cover in those videos?

Link to upper:
Test how many mag dumps before you shoot out the barrel:)

Link to upper:
Are you posting the reviews somewhere on the web?

Yeah I post reviews on my YouTube Channel and my Facebook Page but I didn't want to just straight advertise my stuff without interest
Please share the YT channel link in this thread, I would like to check out your channel as would others here, I'm sure. I watch tons of review videos and it would be nice to watch somebody local.

Last Edited:
also little details like is the gas block pinned/barrel dimpled/thread locked

I'll be surprised if any of the above is done, please confirm.

OP do you intend to tear it down? I'd be interested to know if they used an anti seize compound on the barrel nut, what is it torqued to and the gas port size. What is style and material of gas block? Is the gas tube properly aligned with zero to minimal contact on the carrier key? Are you able to identify the hand guard manufacturer? What type barrel nut to rail interface, anti-rotation method?

Last Edited:
Maybe shoot it at 100, 200, 300 yards with 55's 62's 69 grain match and maybe some 77 grain Sierras, that should cover the variety of what most people shoot. Unless you plan on running 10,000 or more rounds through it, you probably won't wear the barrel out.

OP do you intend to tear it down? I'd be interested to know if they used an anti seize compound on the barrel nut, what is it torqued to and the gas port size. What is style and material of gas block? Is the gas tube properly aligned with zero to minimal contact on the carrier key? Are you able to identify the hand guard manufacturer? What type barrel nut to rail interface, anti-rotation method?

My understanding of the typical PSA barrel nut instal, is the spit on the threads, then snug it up with a 3 foot pipe wrench, and have a trained gorilla jump up and down on the end of the wrench.

Most if not all these details I plan to feature in the review

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads