Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Proposed bill: Make parents tell school if they own guns -- MO

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by RicInOR, Jan 23, 2013.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Morons.

3. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

So much I could say here, but the quote above just says it all. You cannot compromise with these people. It will never end. Its all about feelings, emotions. 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994, 2013?

4. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

I'm from Missouri. This will never pass there.

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. wence5

wence5 Vancouver, Washington, United States Active Member

And if they were to get traction on this, and I had children in that district, when the paper came home to fill out I would promptly deploy said paper for use upon my next visit to the throne room.

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I can see it now school districts (the union employer) will then need at least 2 administrators per school to handle this new responsibility. Cause nothings more important then spending money on crap that has nothing to do with teaching kids. Unless its finding way to hire more union employees to pay dues and suck up Tax money.

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  7. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

+1 - Can't think of another word. The one move that will work would/could not cross their minds.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Quantum77

Quantum77 PDX Member

That is crazy.

9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Stasi alive and well in the USSA.

10. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

If that were to happen here, we'd pull them out and home school. Oh, wait, we already did and do. LOL

11. AdamG2

AdamG2 Washington Member

So they have no problem doing things like this in the name of "encouraging gun safety" but throw a fit when someone mentions bringing in Eddie Eagle?

12. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

But it's different...the good one is where no gun owners are involved (and nothing is to be truly gained) and the bad one is where gun owners are involved (and it might actually work).

13. Mezzovex

Mezzovex Sherwood Active Member

i was home schooled, had great gun control. my dad had control of all the guns.

14. JimmyS1985

JimmyS1985 St.Louis Active Member

Im from Missouri, it won't pass. I believe the state still has a largely tea-party legislature, my lawyer is Minority Whip of the House (Democrat's are in the minority) furthermore the governor may be a Democrat, but he's definitely a more middle of the road Governor. I don't think he supports weird gun control laws and would probably veto it.

Missouri is a real Laissez Faire state in that we don't like restrictions on virtually all of our vices. We got the lowest cigarette tax in the nation, we like our cigarettes cheap, and the legal right to shove a loaded handgun into our glove compartments and not require a CCW. Oh and we're always behind other states in our DWI laws, usually its the federal government that has to hold our highway funds hostage that forces us to toughen our DWI laws, otherwise if Missouri had it's way, we'd still have .1 the standard.

kumabear17 and (deleted member) like this.