JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"I am not trying to take away the gun rights of any parents or any other citizens I believe in the second amendment," says State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal.

She says she wants the violence in schools to stop and this is just one different idea that no one has brought up.

"It encourages parents to make sure they store their guns safely in their home, it also gives the school districts the opportunity to help encourage gun safety in the community and in the household," says the Senator.

So much I could say here, but the quote above just says it all. You cannot compromise with these people. It will never end. Its all about feelings, emotions. 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994, 2013?

I can see it now school districts (the union employer) will then need at least 2 administrators per school to handle this new responsibility. Cause nothings more important then spending money on crap that has nothing to do with teaching kids. Unless its finding way to hire more union employees to pay dues and suck up Tax money.

So they have no problem doing things like this in the name of "encouraging gun safety" but throw a fit when someone mentions bringing in Eddie Eagle?
But it's different...the good one is where no gun owners are involved (and nothing is to be truly gained) and the bad one is where gun owners are involved (and it might actually work).

Im from Missouri, it won't pass. I believe the state still has a largely tea-party legislature, my lawyer is Minority Whip of the House (Democrat's are in the minority) furthermore the governor may be a Democrat, but he's definitely a more middle of the road Governor. I don't think he supports weird gun control laws and would probably veto it.

Missouri is a real Laissez Faire state in that we don't like restrictions on virtually all of our vices. We got the lowest cigarette tax in the nation, we like our cigarettes cheap, and the legal right to shove a loaded handgun into our glove compartments and not require a CCW. Oh and we're always behind other states in our DWI laws, usually its the federal government that has to hold our highway funds hostage that forces us to toughen our DWI laws, otherwise if Missouri had it's way, we'd still have .1 the standard.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top