Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Proper Gun Control

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by enjr4, Aug 29, 2012.

1. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

California mother fights off intruder, thwarts kidnapping | Fox News[FONT=&amp]

A California mother has furiously battled an masked intruder trying to kidnap her toddler daughter from their home.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Fresno County sheriff's investigators say a man wearing a black ski mask broke intothe home west of Fowler just before 9 a.m. Tuesday. He knocked the woman to the floor and struck and kicked her.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The Fresno Bee says the man then grabbed the woman's 2-year-old daughter and tried to get to his car.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The mother got a shotgun and ordered the attacker to release the girl.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Investigators say he dropped the child and drove away.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The child wasn't hurt and the mother's injuries were minor.

Proper Gun Control
    Ed[/FONT]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Nothing like looking down a 12ga barrel to make any BG get religion, quick. A child's horrible future averted by a responsible gun owning mother. I am sooo glad this ended well. I hope she had the presence of mind to get the plate number.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

And if he'd said "FU" and got into his car, was she going to open up with the 12-guague?

I'm very glad it worked out and glad she used a gun in lawful self-defense. But this is EXACTLY why I don't recommend shotguns as a defense for anyone who doesn't live alone or as a "Last line" SD weapon.
    My nightmare is always that a bad guy gets to my kid before I get to him/her. In that instance, I want a weapon that I can be abolutely sure of in taking a shot to the occular cavity and turning out the lights.

There isn't a shotgun in the world I'm that sure of, even with a slug. I'll take a good pistol or an AR, thanks very much. I KNOW I can make that shot, every time.

4. Shaolo

Shaolo USA Active Member

Agreed 100%. If anyone has any doubts, look at some pictures of people shot with shotguns. Dis-gusting.