JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have experience with pre treating suppressors to prevent buildup? I just cleaned my .22 suppressor and I was surprised to see there was almost nothing there. It probably has about 2500-3000 rounds through it. When I first got it I sprayed it throughly inside with a mixture of Eezox and water, knowing that Eezox leaves behind a slippery dry film that helps prevents carbon buildup. And have sprayed 2 other times since then. (Note that soaking it with Eezox and not removing the excess will likely cause the opposite effect, cuz it will create a goo which would attract fouling etc like mad, it has to be removed or diluted in something imo, and after the excess is removed it works as it's designed).

But I have no "control", or unsprayed suppressor, to compare it to. So I don't know if it was a result of using clean ammo (I don't shoot dirty bulk stuff much at all) or if it was the pre-treatment. Any experiences with this kind of thing?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads