JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have experience with pre treating suppressors to prevent buildup? I just cleaned my .22 suppressor and I was surprised to see there was almost nothing there. It probably has about 2500-3000 rounds through it. When I first got it I sprayed it throughly inside with a mixture of Eezox and water, knowing that Eezox leaves behind a slippery dry film that helps prevents carbon buildup. And have sprayed 2 other times since then. (Note that soaking it with Eezox and not removing the excess will likely cause the opposite effect, cuz it will create a goo which would attract fouling etc like mad, it has to be removed or diluted in something imo, and after the excess is removed it works as it's designed).

But I have no "control", or unsprayed suppressor, to compare it to. So I don't know if it was a result of using clean ammo (I don't shoot dirty bulk stuff much at all) or if it was the pre-treatment. Any experiences with this kind of thing?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top