JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I am selling a very nice 1960 Winchester Model 88. The metal is nearly flawless, the wood has normal wear for a 55 year old rifle. It's chambered in .308, no rust, action is tight, bore is shiny, lands and grooves are sharp. I have photographed the only area of concern on the stock, some scratches on the left side by the magazine. Either the prior owner wore a super bowl ring while hunting, or it was in some sort of truck rack that consistently scratched that area? The stock has not been cut down, the butt plate/grip cap are factory, as are the sling swivels, it has one detachable magazine. This is a great example for collection or a wonderful light weight classic hunter. $749 I prefer email at [email protected] Thanks for looking. EDIT: All the talk on this thread about bad trigger/firing pins producing "full auto lever actions" (I think I'd keep that one... or donate it to the Chuck Connor's museum) was well intended but misplaced. Model 88's have no such problems. Buy with confidence.

100_2119_zpsvvo7gibu.jpg 100_2120_zpswjy28mga.jpg 100_2121_zpsjjncgbw7.jpg 100_2122_zpsqhkmvpan.jpg 100_2123_zpsyrutzv2t.jpg 100_2124_zpshvw5b1sc.jpg 100_2125_zpsouymted2.jpg 100_2126_zps8bkgkc2h.jpg 100_2127_zpsrdlkdaxq.jpg

Last Edited:
I've seen the same marks on other hunting rifles and it was the brass sling buckle that was the culprit.
It's the type with the two brass fingered prongs that are generally covered by a piece of leather, but they tend to slip and make that mark.
The model 88 is a great shooting rifle and it was one of those that bagged the whitetail world record back in 1992.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NPkf688wH9i-88w&bvm=bv.90491159,d.cGU&cad=rja

You can call Winchester and find out if this rifle has had the firing pin recall done to it.
If it hasn't, then they will send you a $50.00 gift card and the new parts to upgrade it.

And outsider looking in It's a shame that when people have info like this they can't send it to the seller in a PM rather then post it to his ad then we find out that the negative info is incorrect all this could have been done in private rather the ruin and otherwise great ad for a nice vintage rifle

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.