Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Posting Pictures

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by duartfarquardt, Dec 19, 2015.

1. duartfarquardt

duartfarquardt Tigard, OR Active Member

The website has changed since last I was on it and I don't know how to edit a post, or to attach pictures. Would someone mind giving me guidance? Thanks. :(

2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I believe you need to click on the 3 horizontal black bars down on the lower right.
    Follow the prompts.
    Click on "edit", Then "More Options", then "Upload a File", then "Save".

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

IMG_4538.jpg There are several ways to add photos to a post. I inserted this photo using option #2 below.

1. By using a link to a photo online - find a photo you want to post, right click that photo and select "copy image address". Come back to this page and click on the "Image" button in the post controls above where you're typing - it's the little symbol that looks like a mountain with the sun above it. It will bring up a pop up window - right click in that box and paste the link you copied for that photo, then click on "insert" - it will insert the photo in your post where you last had the cursor placed.

2. You can also import/upload a photo from your computer. Click on the "Upload a File" button at the bottom of the post window. A window will open where you can select a photo from your computer or browse to the photo you want - select it (or multiple photos) and click on "open". At that point, an upload window will appear below the post window, with a status bar showing the upload status for your photo(s). Then just select "thumbnail" or "full image" to insert the photo into your post. If you chose to upload multiple images, you'll also see an option to do all as thumbnails or insert all as full images.

Hopefully that helps.

4. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

Thank you I'm in the same boat. Let's do some testing...
    OK test 1 no good.
    Test 2 ...yhatzee
    20151007_042320.jpg

20151007_042320.jpg

5. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

You need to feed your Penguin peanut butter if I'm following correctly. could be wrong.
    good luck with the sale

Stomper likes this.
  6. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you copy the image, you can paste it into this space.

Here is a standard photo of my dad, just opened in the photo viewer, chose copy and then back here - ctrl-v for paste
    (or mouse, or what ever your mac, *nix or mobile do)

The 3 bars are called the "hamburger" on the net - as it is a standard icon any more.

upload_2015-12-30_20-26-19.png

7. RLS

RLS milwaukie Active Member

I would like to be able to post pictures but i don't even know what cut and paste, upload or any of that other stuff means. Heck i still use a flip phone.I should pick up a couple more for when this one breaks.

8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Psssttt.... Does your mom know she was married to a carved wood statue for all those years?

:D;)

9. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm pretty sure that is why they divorced.

Stomper likes this.