JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A member has reported this as a potential issue. If you are also experiencing this issue, please post in this thread.
Device
Desktop / Laptop - Microsoft Windows
Browser
Google Chrome
Reactions
Observed in this thread: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/safe-clean-out-sale-6-rifles.455886/#post-3658888

Time stamp for my post reads "19 minutes ago" even though I made the comment on Sunday 08/22/2023, about two days ago.

Screenshot below shows the post w/ timestamp and my alerts dropdown menu confirming that my post was made days ago.

I initially observed the behavior in desktop Firefox while logged in. Refreshing did not have any effect. I reproduced it in Chrome while not logged in, and also in incognito/private windows for both. Also observed in Chrome mobile on an Android phone.

1692761742717.png

Observed in this thread: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/safe-clean-out-sale-6-rifles.455886/#post-3658888

Time stamp for my post reads "19 minutes ago" even though I made the comment on Sunday 08/22/2023, about two days ago.

Screenshot below shows the post w/ timestamp and my alerts dropdown menu confirming that my post was made days ago.

I initially observed the behavior in desktop Firefox while logged in. Refreshing did not have any effect. I reproduced it in Chrome while not logged in, and also in incognito/private windows for both. Also observed in Chrome mobile on an Android phone.

View attachment 1474850
It's a quirk that comes and goes from what I noticed. Here's a screenshot from this morning. I think it's obsessed with "19 minutes". :p

6550FE75-638E-473D-8D14-CCE6662607E6.jpeg

I've noticed that the time stamp for my posts is updated when someone tags the post with a "like" or other tag available from the "like" tag icon in the bottom right of the post. Thus, the timestamp updates when the post experiences some type of action that is "recordable" by the forum software's database. Not sure if this is true - maybe @Joe Link could chime in on this.

I've noticed that the time stamp for my posts is updated when someone tags the post with a "like" or other tag available from the "like" tag icon in the bottom right of the post. Thus, the timestamp updates when the post experiences some type of action that is "recordable" by the forum software's database. Not sure if this is true - maybe @Joe Link could chime in on this.
I like the idea, but I don't think the timeline aligns correctly. I created the original post within half an hour of observing the problem, and my post said it was made "19 minutes ago" at that time. But the alerts menu shows that the post received its likes days prior. Also, giving your post a like right now didn't affect its time stamps.

So the likes (and related actions) may well be related to the incorrect time stamps, but they're not telling the whole story.

I like the idea, but I don't think the timeline aligns correctly. I created the original post within half an hour of observing the problem, and my post said it was made "19 minutes ago" at that time. But the alerts menu shows that the post received its likes days prior. Also, giving your post a like right now didn't affect its time stamps.

So the likes (and related actions) may well be related to the incorrect time stamps, but they're not telling the whole story.
Also does not explain how it shows that posts are in the future (see screenshot in post above).

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews