JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
New vintage Essex GI frame, top grade parts (Wilson, EGW, etc), fancy R0 Co target grips, Tactical Solutions railed 2211 kit (with box, milled magazine and a couple kimber plastic mags) and amazing super crisp 2.5 lb trigger. Only shot before fitting new parts (see attached image of work in process) but shot well without high velocity ammo. These tac-sol slides need polishing and tweaking to get perfect function, but if you send the firearm to Tac-Sol they will complete it for you, free of charge. I planned on that eventually, but have a short attention span and kind of forgot about it.

Its nice - like the nicest 1911 you ever shot nice. You will want to throw every Zinc framed 22 shaped like a 1911 you come across in the rubbish. The frame is new old stock Essex, high polished, and only fired testing the slide before I started to work on it. Its close to mirror finish (you can see yourself, which is a bummer if you are ugly like me) and parts have been fit very tight and all contact surfaces polished, internally and externally. In all honesty, I have 40 hours in polishing. Rail and High-Viz sights on the slide. These are old photos, as I was building it, but the trigger is high polished and the correct plunger tube is affixed - I will get better pics but it is late and I am tired. IMG_0016.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

The frame does not yet have a ramp, as they are not needed for the tac-sol unit but I did polish it just because it drove me crazy not at least somewhat reflective. Similarly, I added an ejector (used but stainless) I had laying around just to appease my anal retentive nature (it should work with .45 slide but is not matched well with the rear of the receiver and bugs the crap out of me).

I decided that I want a full stainless 1911 in .45 in bright stainless instead (I like shiny things...) but .... I am fickle, I might change my mind tomorrow so make offers. I usually end up with something I was not initially hoping for.

Keep in mind the value of our repective trades, as of Jan 2015. Here is how I value my 1911:
$450 for the conversion (with box) and mags in near mint condition
$425 for the lower (Roco grips themselves were almost $120 at brownells, along with trigger work)

If you must have a $ amount, I would let it go for $875... mostly interested in trading. Trade, if stainless, does not have to be in perfect condition. I will, of course, be polishing it sooner or later.

If you want just the conversion, I be cool with dat as well. I need at least $200 cash (or a short reset AR trigger) and we can sort the rest out later. I can add cash as well, and have several stripped, new AR lowers I can add for the right deal. Strong preference on full sized Stainless Colts to hang out with my Anaconda, as Rhonda is lonely and needs a friend. IMG_0016.JPG - slides or complete.

Last Edited:
so, apparently I had a full inbox. Sorry if anyone tried to contact me but I am clear and ready to wheel and deal.... make my day. Also forgot to mention that in an hour or so I am going to enjoy the rest of my winter break in Texas so any trades will have to wait a week - sorry about that.