JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about getting a pistol caliber rifle barrel ( 16-18 inches) for my G2/ Contender Rifle. Currently have a 30-30 Win with a 20 inch Bullberry barrel. What would you suggest for caliber and optic? I would like to stick with a caliber I all ready( .357 Magnum, 10MM, 45 ACP) but would be willing to get something a little "bigger" I was thinking .44 Mag or 45 Long Colt because of all the heavy offerings from Buffalo Bore and the likes.... or maybe a 10MM or 357 Mag barrel would suit me just fine?

Barrel would be for fun, and maybe to sit on my in laws outdoor chairs at there property in Eastern WA shooting coyotes or other small stuff at short range...... Also, would you think a "Dot" type electronic sight or a low powered scope? Would mount it in Leupold QRW Rings so I could move it to another platform if I had too.......

Please let me know what you think?

Thanks
Will

No doubt it is a great round, might just be a little more than I need..... I am thinking a 16 inch .357 Magnum or 16 inch 10MM Auto, could run some pretty heavy Buffalo Bore Ammo and +P and the like thru it........

THE .357 maximum: Better 'n a .35 rem, for hunting and little recoil. You can fire .357 mag and .38spl.
check out this round.
Then there is Mike Bellm. He specializes in T/C barrel work. One of the best there is, as he trained with P.O. Ackley. You can spend alot of time at his website, for that which you can learn about the T/C interchangable barrel system and options to make it work alot better.
<broken link removed>
Have that .357 mag rechambered by Mike to the maximum ctg. and enjoy a new level of accuracy and power.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top