JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the arrival of my threaded KKM barrel, my Tactical-Teded out G29 Gen4 is now complete.

G29_Suppressor.jpg

This now sports the following:

RMR 3.5 MOA, Slide milled by JaegerWerks
KKM Stainless threaded barrel
Streamlight TLR-7a
XS Big-dot suppressor sights
24lb recoil spring
3lb connector
Talon Grips
Griffin Armament Revolution 45 in the short configuration.

I did some chronographing and sound measurement today. All shots were with Georgia Arms 180gr FMJ 10mm advertised @1100FPS.

Stock G29 Barrel:
FPS Db
1. 1024, 120.3
2. 1031, 120.4
3. 1013, 120.2
4. 1044, 120.6
5. 1003, 120.3

KKM Barrel, unsupressed:
FPS, Db
1. 1118, 120.3
2. 1111, 120.3
3. 1114, 120.3
4. 1111, 120.3
5. 1092, 120.2

KKM Barrel w/Griffin Rev45k:
FPS, Db
1. 1103, 116.4
2. 1158, 115.0
3. 1117, 116.5
4. 1149, 117.0
5. 1138, 116.8

Cool - the stock slide stop on Glocks are insufficient to my liking, I always add the extended upside down triangle version. Your G29 is pretty fancy.
I'm a huge fan of the Kagwerks slide stop. But I shoot lefty and the Gen 5 ambidextrous slide stop was accidentally engaged/held down simply cause I never had to deal with them in the past.

I'm the opposite, I find the "extended" everythings to just get in the way. I have short, skinny fingers though.
My hands are more palm than fingers, in high school they laughed at the idea I could catch a football so well with such stubs. The difference is that it is just a bit of a more pronounced ledge, you don't have to work to get it to release.

I'm the opposite, I find the "extended" everythings to just get in the way. I have short, skinny fingers though.
That is why I like the Vickers, it is not really extended, it is shaped like the stock but with the bent just a little further out. I find it enough to make better engage with being so large that is "get's in the way". I have tried others such as the one on the 34/35 and Aro-Tek and did not care for them.

Last Edited:
That is why I like the Vickers, it is not really extended, it is shaped like the stock but with the bent just a little further out. I find it enough to make better engage with being so large that is "get's in the way". I have trying other such a the on on the 34/35 and Aro-Tek and did not care for them.
I totally forgot about Aro-tek. I had one of those on my original G29 that I used to compete with. I took it off after a while, I don't remember why though.

The only time I use the slide stop on a Grock is when locking the slide back without a mag. When charging, I slingshot the slide and get on with business.

I totally forgot about Aro-tek. I had one of those on my original G29 that I used to compete with. I took it off after a while, I don't remember why though.

The only time I use the slide stop on a Grock is when locking the slide back without a mag. When charging, I slingshot the slide and get on with business.
Not disparaging your method, but factually, it is slower and requires additional movement of the hands than using the slide stop, if the slide stop is functionality designed, hence why I'm partial to adding the extended one.

A solid argument for the slingshot method is that it works universally with nearly every semi automatic handgun design and it is easier to teach less experienced shooters to be more proficient across a range of semi auto pistols - but it doesn't escape the fact it is slower with all other factors being equal.

I had a chat about this with a pompous instructor who believed everyone had to slingshot because that is what he was taught in the military and thought everyone should do it that way.

I would think hand over top would be taught instaed of slingshot.
You are right, I mixed up the terminology because slingshot is different from putting the full hand around the top of the slide gripping the slide as opposed to slingshoting, relying on thumb and single finger to pull the slide back.

Either way, both lose regarding speed of action compared to using a well designed slide stop with all other variables being equal.

I don't compete anymore, so I'm not all that concerned about speed. I'm sure techniques have evolved over the years. 10 years of competing and countless number of rounds of practice have ingrained it in my skull, and I'm still pretty effin fast with it!

And by slingshot, I do grab the slide with my left hand, not just using the thumb and forefinger. Maybe there's another term for it, I don't know.

I don't compete anymore, so I'm not all that concerned about speed. I'm sure techniques have evolved over the years. 10 years of competing and countless number of rounds of practice have ingrained it in my skull, and I'm still pretty effin fast with it!

And by slingshot, I do grab the slide with my left hand, not just using the thumb and forefinger. Maybe there's another term for it, I don't know.
"over the top" is how its usually referred to. Sling shot is specifically using your thumb and pointer to grasp the slide from behind and work it.

Over the top here as well.

BTW, I really like Talon grips and have them on my EDC, but I really prefer the old school sandpaper grit ones. I'll probably order another set and use it as a stencil with a roll of skateboard tape from Amazon. FWIW, I also put strips of skateboard tape at contact points on my slide as well.

With the arrival of my threaded KKM barrel, my Tactical-Teded out G29 Gen4 is now complete.

View attachment 1056068

This now sports the following:

RMR 3.5 MOA, Slide milled by JaegerWerks
KKM Stainless threaded barrel
Streamlight TLR-7a
XS Big-dot suppressor sights
24lb recoil spring
3lb connector
Talon Grips
Griffin Armament Revolution 45 in the short configuration.

I did some chronographing and sound measurement today. All shots were with Georgia Arms 180gr FMJ 10mm advertised @1100FPS.

Stock G29 Barrel:
FPS Db
1. 1024, 120.3
2. 1031, 120.4
3. 1013, 120.2
4. 1044, 120.6
5. 1003, 120.3

KKM Barrel, unsupressed:
FPS, Db
1. 1118, 120.3
2. 1111, 120.3
3. 1114, 120.3
4. 1111, 120.3
5. 1092, 120.2

KKM Barrel w/Griffin Rev45k:
FPS, Db
1. 1103, 116.4
2. 1158, 115.0
3. 1117, 116.5
4. 1149, 117.0
5. 1138, 116.8
Cool gun! Great FPS #s, but remember for sound u have to have an impulse sound meter with ultra fast rise time and test to mil spec protocols (which is easy to do). The peak of the sound only lasts around 20 millionths of a second and unless you have a meter that can catch that (most don't) u won't get accurate sound numbers as it's missing the loudest part.

9mm unsurpressed is somewhere around 160 db and most good suppressors can drop that by 30-34ish db when shooting subsonics. I don't know what typical 10mm numbers are but I assume they are higher than 9mm.

Good info on the sound meter. This was some meter my wife had bought a while ago to do something for dog sports. I'm sure it's not mil-spec or anything certified. I just wanted to get an idea of shot-to-shot consistency.

I had it mounted on a tripod, ~24" from my ear.

I was really happy with the increased speed with the slightly longer KKM barrel though. That made more of a difference than I expected.

When primers become available again, I'll run some of my favorite handloads though it and test again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top