JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They had a flash about Spanish Star model B 9mm Pistols used by Bulgaria during WWII. They were Russian capture. Picked one up - will have to take a pic - paid for the handpick and the one I got looks nice as refinished by Ivan. Haven't had a chance to make it go "bang" yet.

I had one and liked it. There are 3 different styles of mags depending on the date of manufacture, and I could never find a spare factory mag for mine. There are aftermarket mags available, but I had heard bad things about them.

If I had kept mine, I wanted to change the sights. The factory sights are hard to see, and they tend to shoot high.

Now with picture:

starb.jpg

Does yours have the last three digits of the serial # on every piece? Have you checked your serial number on the various web site with Star history?

I have a 1952 era Star model B and when I was sold it I was told it was from the 1936 contract with the German Army. Later investigation showed it wasn't. Mine has all the parts including the mag stamped with the last three from the serial #.

I got 2 extra factory (also numbered) Mags and 2 10rd aftermarket mags which took a lot of work to get working just right.

Will have to double check - picked up this one from AIM...

Edit - just checked - SN is in the range of the first block of pistols that went to Bulgaria in 1943...

Bulgarian proofs all over the thing too along with Russian lineouts, but those could have been faked...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top